Thursday 28 March 2019

This makes less sense

I recently wrote (yesterday) that nothing makes sense any more in this crazy world of ours. It seems to me that we are all being slowly, (or not so slowly), influenced by social media, by TV and by magazines to behave in a way we would not have thought of behaving forthwith, (or fore before - if there is such a word).

I read two articles recently which seem to me to be crazy, yet they portray how you can influence behaviour in this modern sophisticated crazy world we live in.

The first one suggests that we should do our household chores in the nude. "It is liberating", explained the article. It makes you break free and uninhibited from the tedious essentials of housework which entrap us all.

We all have to sweep, and dust, and vacuum clean every now and then. Or make the beds, or tidy up, or load the washing machine, the dishwasher or whatever else we have to do at home. These are essentials that we cannot escape. So why not escape them mentally, if not physically, by taking all our clothes off and do these tedious boring jobs in the nude. Totally naked. As the day we were born. As nature intended.

The magazine article had a number of pictures of men and women doing various jobs in their birthday suits and several quotes from various people, (real or fictitious - I don't know), saying how they enjoyed the new experience of working naked and how they recommend it to others.

I can see how this would influence some people to try it for themselves. Although personally I would dread being naked in close proximity of a vacuum cleaner nozzle.

The second article is just as crazy.

It suggested that a number of people are using social media to show off their houses and gardens by posting fake pictures of various rooms in their home. They show off a new kitchen for instance, or a new lounge, dining room or whatever. But the photos used are fake taken from the internet or from other photo sources. Similarly, they show off new gardens they have had re-designed, swimming pools, cars and so on.

In effect, it is keeping up with the Joneses on social media rather than for real.

In these days when everyone seems to have a million "friends" on social media, (and perhaps none in real life), it feels good to boast about one's home, garden or whatever without the risk of ever being found out as being a fake.

I guess this too is liberating in some form or another. You are living the dream on the internet, and in your mind, if not in real life.

So ... what do you think of either or both of these stories?

Would you consider doing your housework totally naked? (I remember reading about an old gentleman who hired a cleaner and paid good money as long as she cleaned his home in the nude - but that's another story).

Or would you post a fake photo of your home to show off how well you are doing in life?

18 comments:

  1. Hello, I am not the type of person who can be influenced easily. Also, I am not a person who needs to impress others with what I have or don't have. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems there are not many people like you these days Eileen. You'd be surprised how many people are so easily influenced these days by adverts, social media, TV and radio and so on. The fashion industry thrives on it as do many other industries.

      Wishing you a splendid weekend. God bless you Eileen.

      Delete
  2. I would have no desire to be cleaning indoors while being completely naked, that wouldn't make me feel home at all, and it certainly wouldn't put my mind at ease. Although, I do hate wearing tight clothing. Then again, I suppose it wouldn't be a good idea to be wearing long loose sleeves while trying to get a stuck utensil out of a garbage disposal.

    And when it comes to people boasting about how good they are, something they have, or pretend to have, for me, I think when one boasts, the set back is shame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed you are so right, Lon. Yet ... so many people are easily influenced by what they read. I know quite a few personally.

      God bless you always.

      Delete
  3. I usually post a fake photo of my house with a fake me cleaning up naked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should excite your friends and followers on social media. I wish I'd thought of it.

      God bless you JoeH.

      Delete
  4. I wonder...if I did housework in the nude would the dust be so embarrassed it would stay away from the house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point Kathy. Please try it and tell us all about it.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  5. "No way' to cleaning the house in the nude! Every time I would see my reflection I would laugh so hard that nothing would get done...except that my floors might be brighter from all of the mo"pp"ing it up I would be doing :)
    I show my rooms and my house as they are. I love our home and I am proud of it even though it is far from a showplace.

    God's Blessings Victor ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing, Jan, that they would suggest people do their housework naked. What if the doorbell rings? What if one's spouse comes in with a visitor? (Actually, that happened to me. I was visiting someone and when he opened the door his wife was walking around totally naked. I turned round quickly pretending not to notice. Hit my face against the door. Got a massive nose bleed. And she helped me still wearing nothing at all. My heart was pumping so fast watching her that it made the nose bleed worse).

      God bless.

      Delete
  6. Ha!! No, I don't clean in the nude and I don't post fake photos. Good grief!! Made me giggle though. God bless you, Victor, for always entertaining us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to laugh, Terri. Whether one is wearing clothe or totally naked. Perhaps the latter is funnier.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  7. Absolutely not (to either)! Sad, when some people are so insecure about their present circumstances they resort to duplicity? To quote another blog friend, Life is sweeter in the slow lane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is getting crazier every day, Mevely. Reality is not what it used to be.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  8. None of that interests me at all. No cleaning in the nude and no fake photos. If you can't be yourself then who are you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm perfectly happy to do my housework with my clothes on.

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.