Thursday 16 April 2020

Moutarde alors!

 

"Hello Moutarde, you took your time arriving. Thanks all the same. Who's this with you?"

"Allo Inspector Jeep. Sorree I deed not come ze sooner. I could not find my ... comment dit-on? My troozer ... Zis wiz me iz my good friend Captain Halifax."

"OK everyone ... pay attention. This is Monsieur Moutarde, the famous world-renowned detective. He is here to pretend to assit us with this investigation and to interfere whenever he can."

"You are veree kind Inspector Jeep".

"Right then ... this is a murder enquiry. We have a body here and I need to know who was first on the scene. Do you know Sergeant?"

"Yes Inspector. First on the scene was the body of the deceased."

"What do you mean?"

"Well Sir, without the body we would not have a crime scene. So he must have been here first!"

"Zat iz correct, Inspector. I 'ave seen zis in manee detective films in ze cinema. One must always start with ze bodee before we have a crime scene!"

"I see ..."

"If I may add something else Inspector ... I notice 'ere and 'ere plentee of chalk marks on zee floor. Why iz zat?"

"Sergeant?"

"Well Sir, as soon as we arrived we had to draw with chalk around the body so we can record the position it was found to help us with our investigations!"

"I see ... but why iz zere so many ze chalk marks on ze floor?"

"Because the body was moving about and we could not get a good impression of where he was. So we had to beat him senseless so we could draw around him!"

"Sounds sensible to me Moutarde! Any more questions?"

"Non merci ... please to continue."

"Right Sergeant ... did the victim ... the body ... say anything before you beat him senseless?"

"Yes Sir. He said stop beating me you ... and then he said some very rude words which I have written down in my notebook. You may wish to read them, Sir."

"Strewth ... here Moutarde, read this. I've never seen such bad language written in a police notebook. Heard it often mind!"

"Merci Inspector ... s'il vous plait ... what does zis sentence it means?"

"Ehm ... it is something that you do to yourself which is anatomically impossible to do!"

"Je comprends!"

"Right Sergeant ... do we know how the victim ... body ... came to be on the ground?"

"Yes Sir, he was hit from behind with a sponge cake!"

"What iz zat? Zee sponge cake?"

"It's a very soft cake. An English delicacy!"

"I see ... and what iz zat red at ze back of ze head of ze man on ze floor?"

"It's strawberry jam ... jelly ... often used as a filling between two layers of sponge cake! Very delicious. Here taste some. I'm sure the man won't mind. He's been beaten senseless anyway."

"Ooooh ... my head ... you f*****g b******s ... why did you beat me up?"

"That's enough of that my man. Mind your language. We have with us here a foreign gentleman and we will have to translate your foul language to him. Besides, you are interfering with a murder enquiry!"

"Who's been murdered?"

"You of course ... that's why we've found you on the floor with a sponge cake injury on the back of the head and strawberry jam all over the place. Someone must have hit you from behind."

"You got it wrong Inspector. That's not what happened. No one hit me. I was trying to get the cake from the cupboard up there and it slipped off the plate and hit me on the head!"

"So ... you've not been murdered? You're not dead?"

"Of course not!"

"Right Sergeant ... book him for wasting police time!"

16 comments:

  1. "After you arrest him and take him to jail, I want you to arrest the author who wrote this story and bring him into the station to answer a few questions. His name is Victor Moubarak. I have heard that he is usually near the crime scene and then he blogs about them."

    Great story Victor :)

    God's Blessings 🌷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My only crime is trying to amuse my readers, Jan.

      God bless you always, my friend.

      Delete
    2. Guilty as charged my friend...I mean Mr. Moubarak 🌷

      Delete
    3. I try, Jan ... honest, I try.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. "Anatomically impossible" .... hahahaha. I love a good murder mystery .. even when it's not.

    Years ago - in cooperation with the security team - we had one of our employees lay face-down on the floor of the GM's office while someone else drew a chalk impression on the floor. Then, we crime scene tape was cross-crossed about the office door. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often wondered, Mevely, whether the man who draws with chalk has any other job. Is this his only job? Just to draw a line around a dead body? What if he sees a hedgehog or squirrel which has been run over on the road? Does he stop his car and draw in chalk around it? Or does he take the road-kill home for dinner?

      So many questions in my mind!
      Going round like a circle in a spiral,
      like a wheel within a wheel.
      Never ending or beginning
      on an ever spinning reel.
      Like a snowball down a mountain,
      or a carnival balloon.
      Like a carousel that's turning
      running rings around the moon.
      Like a clock whose hands are sweeping
      past the minutes of its face.
      And the world is like an apple
      whirling silently into space.
      Like the circles that you find
      in the windmills of my mind!

      God bless, Mevely.

      Delete
    2. Sing it! Thanks for my new ear-worm.

      Delete
    3. I thought you'd like this song!

      God bless, Mevely.

      Delete
  3. LOL, do we really want this guy to investigate a murder. I'm afraid of the results he might not find, there would be many I'm afraid. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least he made you smile, Bill. That should count for something.

      God bless always.

      Delete
  4. This certainly puts a new twist on murder investigations, Victor, that's for sure! Thanks for the laughs. :)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it, Martha.

      God bless you and yours.

      Delete
  5. Not dead? And I was going to say Colonel Mustard in the library with a candlestick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No JoeH, it was a sponge cake. It fell on him in the kitchen, not the library. Keep smiling.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  6. Your mind is certainly quick!

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.