Wednesday 1 April 2020

Thinking aloud ... silently

I've been thinking. I do that quite a lot recently, I noticed. Thinking whilst standing up, or even sitting down, or lying in bed or on the couch in front of the TV. Thinking has become a habit as of late. I wonder why we think? Why do I think more than usual these days.

I was lying on the couch; nothing on TV except dust. I chose not to comment about it in case I got the silent treatment ... again! Not sure what is worse; the silent treatment or being told things I don't want to hear.

Anyway, I was thinking. Our ears are where they are for a purpose. On each side of our head. If our ears were at the back of our head we would go deaf every time we lay on our back in bed.

Imagine if you had an extra mouth on top of your head. You could put a sandwich under your hat and eat it without anyone noticing you.

Or if you had an extra eye at the end of your finger. You could see round corners then. You'd bend your index finger round the wall and see what's round the corner. Or you could put your finger in your ear and see what's there. The possibilities are endless as to where you could put your finger.

What if you could move all your bits on your body to places that are more convenient? Men especially would find this useful. Imagine having your belly button on your forehead, men! Or wearing an unusual tie!

Another thing I was thinking about. Did the inventor of the screw have his hair parted in the middle of his head?

Did the inventor of the Phillips screw have his hair parted as a cross?

Years ago, before they invented the clock with a big and small hands; how did they know how to turn something clockwise or anti-clockwise? It must have sent them cuckoo when someone said down the phone, "turn it clockwise!"

How about the man who invented the wheel. What did he do with it when he invented it? Hardly worth anything is it? It would never catch on. Not unless he invents a second wheel then he would have a bicycle. It's the man who invented the second wheel who's the clever one.

And here's another thought. Do fish ever drown if they can't swim? Who teaches them to swim anyway; when they are babies? Do they ever get water in their eyes like we do?

Why is coffee not everyone's cup of tea?

Why is abbreviation such a long word? Why not abbreviate it?

Why all the fuss as to whether the toilet seat is up or down? Cut it in half and put your half any way you want.

I can't help thinking that all this thinking is doing my head in.

Do you ever think? What do you think about? Share your thoughts here. No matter how strange. We promise not to laugh ...

14 comments:

  1. One thing that got me thinking the past few days is how smart dogs are... specifically puppies. They know what they want. They learn quickly. Something as simple as going outside to do their business. My little puppy recently learned that squatting outside generally is rewarded with a piece of kibble. Then I got thinking... at 10 weeks old, my puppy is about 70% trained to go outside. When my 3 children were 10 weeks old, they were still being carried and there was no hope for a 70% potty training statistic... I hope i have not discouraged any of your readers from having children and instead, purchasing a puppy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point well made Ryan. I remember when I taught my dog and my baby son to play chess. The baby kept throwing the pieces on the floor. The dog lost three games in a row. He just could not learn that the bishop moves at an oblique to the board.

      Keep smiling my friend. God bless.

      Delete
  2. You simply need to stop thinking aloud and quiet that busy mind of yours. I cannot keep up with you and all I am doing is reading where your thoughts are.
    Now I need to clear my thoughts but before I go...thank you for having these thoughts and sharing them here giving us a break from the pandemics for a few minutes.

    God's Blessings Victor 🌷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just thought them when I was lying in bed. Then I wondered ... what if we had ears at the back of our heads ???

      God bless you, Jan.

      Delete
  3. Oh, the possibilities! Now my "what-iffer" is spinning … and it feels SO good. I, too, appreciate having something light-hearted to read v. Covid-19. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind compliment, Mevely. I find I need to be cheerful with what's happening these days.

      God bless you always.

      Delete
  4. I've been thinking about how funny you can be. A cheerful post with plenty of humour!
    Thank you, Victor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to laugh, Bill. It sheers me up in these sad times.

      God bless.

      Delete
  5. I love the way you think, Victor, because your thoughts always leave me with a smile on my face. And yes, we could all use some cheering up!
    Your latest book arrived yesterday, and I'm so looking forward to reading it!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again for your kindness, Martha. To be honest, I don't know how I think. Out of the blue thoughts arrive which I think might amuse someone. Like the thought about ears at the back of the head. So I scribble them down quickly before forgetting them.

      Sometimes, I get serious thoughts. Like for instance when I knew I HAD to write, "Don't Let The Devil Win". The book was difficult to write; yet I KNEW somehow I had to finish it and not give up and delete it all. I really hope you like my efforts, Martha. I pray someone out there might benefit from it.

      Thank you for purchasing it my friend.

      God bless you and yours always.

      Delete
  6. Your mind is an amazing thing! :)
    I used to go roller skating at a rink all the time and would think what if we had to skate every where we go and went to the 'walking rink'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea, Happyone. Although I'd probably keep falling. I could never manage roller skates with wheels; so ice skating must be more difficult.

      God bless.

      Delete
  7. Goodness the things you think about!
    I do agree with you though, why is abbreviation such a long word? Why not abbreviate it?

    Stay safe and stay well Victor, my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you fro your good wishes Jan. I hope and pray you and yours are safe and healthy.

      Thoughts just drift into my mind from nowhere and I have to quickly jot them down before I forget them.

      God bless you always, Jan.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.