Wednesday 16 October 2024

The windmills of my mind

 

Is it my imagination or are there more and more of these wind turbines being built all over the place? Wherever I drive in the countryside I see them there in the fields like daffodils in Spring. They suddenly appear where previously they were not. We went to the beach the other day and there they were paddling in the water along with the holiday makers.

I am told that they are good for the environment. Now I am not a scientist and do not understand all that. But have you considered how much electricity is used to make those windmills go round and round? How can this be good for the environment?

They also say that these turbines emit a sound that we cannot hear and it is bad for us in the long run. So I now take just short runs to the pub and back; and drive for other journeys whatever the distance.

Also, I read somewhere that these turbines are bad for birds because they perch on the blades and fall off as it goes round. 

Some people have suggested that to improve the countryside and beaches the turbines should be built inside caves instead of open spaces. An idea worth trying.

Anyway, the fact is they are building them everywhere. The other day I got up at night and found they built one in our bathroom. I was desperate to go and there it was blocking my way in. By the time I ran to the other room downstairs it was (almost) too late. Another team of engineers were building one there too; but I threw them out in time.

Can any of our bright and intelligent readers explain the benefits of these turbines? I am afraid that if they build so many around the world the whole planet will take off and fly somewhere else instead.

1 comment:

  1. Are they run by electricity? I thought the wind twirled them around. They are an eye sore. I hope they do some good. Probably not, though, is my guess. Definitely don't let strange engineers build them in your house! 😂

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.