Sunday 3 October 2021

Logically Speaking


 Let's consider this together. You are a logical, clear-thinking, person. Right?

You are not prone to flights of fancy or imaginations. And you don't believe in unicorns, tooth fairies and other such things. In fact, you would say you are a level headed person ... most of the time ... and analyse what you think and believe carefully.

Yet ... you pray. Perhaps sometimes ... when you need help or are in a panic. Or maybe you pray regularly.

Let's think about this. If you pray, it is logical to deduce that you believe there is Someone listening to your prayer. You're not just talking to yourself, are you? Not you, surely. You're a logical, clear-thinking, person.

And if you believe there is Someone listening to your prayer, you also (logically) believe that He can do something about it.

However you perceive Him to be, there is a supreme living Being, out there somewhere, listening to your pleas and able, (and willing), to do something about them in His time and in His way.

You were told about God at some stage in your life. You slowly and gradually perhaps, or maybe suddenly, came to believe in Him. He became a part of your life. At some point in your life the realisation that God exists became real.

For some people, God is a daily essential step by step part of their lives. They do nothing without God's guidance. For other people, He is somewhere in the background, only to be accessed in times of emergency. 

How is He for you?

Whatever your response, logically speaking, God is real. He exists. He is there for you. You've accepted that when you prayed. It's logical.

This moment may be your personal revelation. The light went on in your head moment. The moment when you see it all clearly. 

Or it may be a personal re-revelation moment. You are re-affirming what you always knew and believed.   

Once Jesus asked His disciples, "who do you think I am?"

Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah! For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by My Father in Heaven." (Matthew 16:16-17)

That very instant you first had your revelation moment, when you knew for certain that God exists, that is when God through His Holy Spirit, made Himself known to you.

You knew then as you know again now, that God exists for real.

You are God's disciple.  

As the disciples of Christ had to believe and act in a certain way, in order to honour and serve Jesus. So should we, with the help of the Holy Spirit, act likewise.

20 comments:

  1. Dearest Victor,
    Feeling blessed for having been raised in that way and by following the example of Parents and Grandparents!
    Till my final breath, I will try hard to live like that and for being to others at time maybe a little beacon of Hope.
    We tiny human beings are only here for a very brief period and we have to make our 'little' time; count.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good and refreshing when one has been brought up in the faith, and has managed throughout life, despite many difficulties, to retain that faith. Great example to others.

      God bless, Mariette.

      Delete
  2. I can remember that instance when I realized YES, probably not as solidly as Peter, looking at Him, but still real. I still have a cloud at times I MUST push side, I am logical, BUT......
    Very good reasoning here. THANKS God is Good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all experience clouds of doubts every now and then, Jack. It is inevitable. However, thinking back to our moment of real realisation re-affirms our beliefs once more.

      God bless you and Sherry.

      Delete
  3. There are certain things in my life that I totally believe that God had a hand in it. Without his help, I don't believe it would have happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are often our moments of true realisation, Bill. The time when we knew, for sure, that God exists. Our road to Damascus moments.

      God bless always.

      Delete
  4. Thankfully, I've never been accused of having a logical mindset. (*smile*) I think the analyists and their ilk need to take a hike and leave those of us who believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point, Mevely. Belief is personal.

      God bless.

      Delete
  5. Amen, Victor! Our God is real and ever-present, ready to hear our prayers and act in His good time.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our relationship with God is a personal one-to-one.

      God bless, Martha.

      Delete
  6. Wow! Victor, you are spot on in this one. I could not agree more that if you pray, you believe someone listens and answers. What a joyful feeling to know God hears and answers our prayers. Thank you. God bless you, Victor.

    By the way, I got my problem with not receiving my emails fixed; it was my own fault for not signing in with my new password. Thanks for your kindness of answering me. 😀. I am a happy camper.now. 🤓

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Nells. I am so glad you managed to sort out the e-mails problem. Don't hesitate to write in if I can help at all.

      God bless.

      Delete
  7. I know I couldn't get by without God. He is number ONE in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First, i'm not so sure i'm logical and clear headed, as i do talk to myself on occasion (when i am trying to work something out, sometimes it helps).

    Second, yes, i believe G-d is real, and that He rewards those who seek Him. There's no way i want to go through a day without constant consultation with Him, it would be a disaster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am curious as to why you type G-d instead of God.

      Delete
    2. There's nothing wrong with speaking to oneself, Mimi. It helps reinforce our thoughts. I find that on the bus it also keeps people away from me.

      God is real indeed. Many people, like us, believe this.

      God bless you my friend.

      Delete
  9. Moment of Revelation? I'll let you know when that happens. Ha Ha.
    There have been times though, when I've felt someone must be watching over me, keeping me safe, because I've never had any real troubles, never any real despair and things usually work out well for me and mine. I seem to be able to help others too, by just talking with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have felt someone watching over you, and keeping you safe, maybe it is God nudging you into your moment of revelation.

      God bless, River.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.