Monday 12 August 2024

Appointment with Murder

 

NEW BOOK

An intriguing whodunit with many twists and turns featuring the amiable Father Ignatius and his colleague Father Donald. A smoking gun has been found and its owner identified, but why would someone commit such a daring murder and what is the motive behind it all?

In this book, the eighth stand-alone novel in the series of Father Ignatius books, we find the two priests drawn away from their clerical duties and becoming un-willing detectives trying to solve a crime well beyond their capabilities. Their motivation may be well-intentioned but their implementation is far from ideal, as they stumble over clues and putting themselves and their friends in real danger in the midst of gang-warfare. However, their encounter with crime and murder does not deflect their mind from their duties as priests and their responsibilities to their parishioners.

Once again, we meet the amiable Father Ignatius and see him in a new light as an individual as well as a priest; together with his colleague Father Donald and their friend Theodore Luxton-Joyce in a new adventure which is sure to delight their many fans and readers old and new.

Other Father Ignatius novels in chronological order; although they can be read in any order as stand-alone stories: Visions, The Priest and Prostitute, To Love a Priest, Don’t let the devil win, Murder in the Monastery, A Shot in the Park, and Living the Word.

Books available in paperback and Kindle from AMAZON and all good book sellers.

NOTE: If you do buy the book, I would really like to know what you thought of the ending; especially the priest's self-confession. You can write in the comments box below, or as a Review on AMAZON, or at the "Contact us" link at the top right of this page. But please do not reveal the plot ending.

AMAZON LINK HERE

14 comments:

  1. ❤️🤞
    —-Cheerful Monk

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...this reminds me of Father Brown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does sound like a good read. Wishing you lots of sales!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Bill. I hope the message in this book helps someone. God bless.

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to read it, Victor! Congrats on another marvelous book, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support, Martha, and your kindness. In this story, Fr Ignatius actually gets involved in a situation not of his making; rather than just sympathise and pray. Is it the role of a priest/vicar/pastor to get involved?

      God bless.

      Delete
  5. Like Martha, I can't wait to read this! I pray the author (*wink*) won't be letting anything untoward happen to my favorite protagonists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mevely, thank you too for your continued encouragement and support. Regarding this story, this is where I'd like your views and those of other readers. Was Fr Ignatius right to behave the way he did? What if your pastor or a priest you know behaved this way? Some who have read this book, (in draft form), have different views. (I'm only the author - I don't have a view on anything!!!)

      God bless, Mevely.

      Delete
    2. I just finished reading! While I admire Fr. I's decisions, I'm pretty sure I couldn't be as strong or sure in my convictions. Great read!

      Delete
    3. Thank you, Mevely. Others who read this book disagree with my ending and say Fr I. should not have let him go. And indeed, he should have not volunteered in the first place or get involved.

      Thank you for your support; I am so pleased you enjoyed this storyline. God bless you always, Mevely.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a fascinating read! And I love your opening quote. God bless, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to see you visiting here, Laurie. Thank you; please call again soon. God bless you always.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.