Friday 16 August 2024

Hair Felt Love

 

 
She stood alone on London Bridge
Her heart was all a quiver
She gave a little cough
And her wig fell down the river
 
That's a bald statement to make
Said a policeman out of sight
Come down and collect your hair
Or I'll lock you for the night
 
Down to the waters she went
Her hair was soaking wet
Like a drowned cat it was
So she took it to the vet
 
The pet doc checked its pulse
And declared it fully dead
So he placed it on her head
And held it with a net
 
"Yvette, Yvette, wherefore art thou?"
Her lover was heard to cry
"Come to me my sweet Yvette
Or else I'll surely die"
 
But soon as he laid eyes on her
He hoped he sure were dead
For there it was for all to see
A dead cat was on her head

16 comments:

  1. ...God only created a limited number of perfect heads, the rest he grew hair on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvette had a cat on hers held there by Annette ... a net.

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
  2. As someone who used to wear wigs, I found this so funny! I can imagine this being read aloud before a live audience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased and relieved you found this funny, Mevely. I was concerned my readers would be upset at my humour. Thank you and God bless always.

      Delete
  3. I can always count on you to brighten my day with a good laugh, Victor. Blessings, and watch out for wet wigs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha. I'm so happy you enjoyed my latest poem. God bless you and your family.

      Delete
  4. This funny story came right from the top of your head. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Bill; it was just under my hat. God bless, my friend.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Yes, it's my sense of humour. God bless, Cloudia.

      Delete
  6. 😄
    —-Cheerful Monk

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.