Wednesday 28 August 2024

Make Time to Smile

 

If you are bored, try taking up fencing.  I did and my neighbours say they will call the police unless I put them back.

======================

I never thought that I would be the type of person to wake up at 5am to go for a jog.  It turns out that I was right.

======================

Would a good name for an insurance salesman be Justin Case?

====================== 

Last night me and my girlfriend watched three DVD’s back to back.

Luckily, I was the one facing the telly.

====================== 

Friendship among Women:

A woman didn't come home one night. The next morning, she told her husband that she had slept over at a friend's house. The man called his wife's 10 best friends. None of them knew anything about it.

Friendship among Men:

A man didn't come home one night. The next morning, he told his wife that he had slept over at a friend's house. The woman called her husband's 10 best friends. Eight confirmed that he had slept over, and two said he was still there.

======================

My wife said to me that “ my grammar’s pathetic.”

So I replied “ well your grandpa is no better either”.

======================


Have you ever wondered why mineral water that ‘has trickled through mountains for centuries’ have a ‘use by’ date?”

====================== 

A vicar is walking down the street one day when he notices a very small boy trying to press a doorbell on a house across the street. However, the boy is very small and the doorbell is too high for him to reach. After watching the boy's efforts for some time, the vicar moves closer to the boy's position.

He steps smartly across the street, walks up behind the little fellow and, placing his hand kindly on the child's shoulder, leans over and gives the doorbell a solid ring.

Crouching down to the child's level, the vicar smiles benevolently and asks, "And now what, my little man?"

The boy replies, "Now we run!"

======================

If you really want to see Social Distancing, lend a person some money.

======================

Last night my wife sent me a text saying that she was in ER.

So I rushed home and watched all 50 minutes of the program and never saw her once.

And she’s still hasn’t come home and I’m starving. She’s so unreliable.

 


INVITE OTHERS TO THIS BLOG

21 comments:

  1. ...be healthy, smile and laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you Victor for a great giggle.

    Gods Blessings on You
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I made you smile, Catherine. God bless always.

      Delete
  3. Laughing out loud. I needed that today. (It's all good -- just reflecting on the untimely deaths of two young people.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear your sad news. May they rest in Peace. Praying for all involved.

      God bless, Mevely.

      Delete
  4. I particularly like the story about 'fencing'. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People take offence so easily these days; why not take the garden gate too?

      God bless you, Brenda.

      Delete
  5. Still laughing, Victor. Blessings, and keep that humor coming! Lord knows we all need it in these times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha. Yes, we all need a bit of humour these days.

      God bless you and yours.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the laughs, Victor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smiling here at your funnies. BTW, my sister and I called our maternal grandmother, "Grammer" (with an e).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grammer? That's an interesting way to address her. I bet you have plenty of fond memories.

      God bless you and your family, Barbara.

      Delete
  8. A good mix here Victor, thank you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Cheerful Monk for trying to comment. I understand you're having problems with Blogger.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOu are probably right about wife ad husband friends. LOL However I am still worried about the wife in ER!
    Thanks for the laughs and smiles... Oh yes and especially the prayers. I think things are moving the right way... Love from here my friend...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased to hear things are moving the right way, Jack. Praying for you and your family. God bless.

      Delete
  11. Does this mean if I lend my brother-in-law $50 I'll never see him again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends how honest he is; I guess.

      God bless, Mimi.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.