Thursday 16 April 2009

Planning ahead?

If you want to make God laugh tell Him your plans.

Years ago, I was talking to my boss about career plans in a large organization. He smiled at me and said that in three years’ time he’d achieve a great ambition.

I was puzzled; but he explained, showing me a small organization sketch he had drawn up, that within three years several senior managers would have left the organization. He said “X retires next year, they’ll promote Y to take his job, this leaves a vacancy which will be filled by Z” and so on and on. He had planned who would leave when creating a potential vacancy which he was best placed to fill.

How sad, I thought. He was so keen to progress up the organization that he had plotted a potential path to help achieve his ambitions.

How often do we too, plan so far ahead, that we forget to take into consideration what God wants for us, or what He might wish us to do on His behalf.

“So do not worry about tomorrow; it will have enough worries of its own. There is no need to add to the troubles each day brings.” Matthew 6:34.

“Not my will, however, but your will be done.” Luke 22:42.

2 comments:

  1. We can plot and plan all we like but it is God who will have the final say. We do not know what each day is going to bring forth.

    “Not my will, however, but your will be done.” Luke 22:42.

    Another good point Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx.

    There's a tendency in human nature to be always in control. We just cannot let go and trust God.

    Vic M

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.