Monday 17 June 2024

Interesting Facts

 

Every so often I like to share with you some interesting facts which you can use in conversation to impress your friends or audience at parties.

First  fact of life: When a body is immersed in water, the telephone rings.

Secondly, here's a misconception.  Some people say you can’t get a decent job without education. But that is not strictly true; look at Albert Einstein – he was a drop-out at school and still ended up being the first man on the moon!

Did you know the world's oceans would be much bigger if there were no sponges to soak up all the water?

If you were driving at speed at night and switched you headlights on, the light would arrive home before you.

Venus is the only planet to spin clockwise.

The more intelligent you are the heavier your brain gets. That's why some clever people have pains in the neck. 

At the equator, if you're facing East, you would be travelling at 1000 miles and hour.That is the speed the earth revolves at the Equator. If you were to throw a stone in front of you, it would travel all round the earth and hit you at the back of the head.

Did you also know that if you're in a vacuum and you shout loud no one would hear you? And it would make no difference whether the vacuum cleaner is on or off, or whether the bag is full of dirt and dust or whether it was empty?

Did you know that radio waves are faster than the speed of sound. I never knew that and it did not matter to me at all, even now that I know this. I thought I'd pass it on to you in case it helps you in life.

The sloth just hangs from a tree and sleeps for up to 18 hours a day waiting for humans to arrive and save him from extinction. That is why you never find a sloth in employment making cans of baked beans or anything else for that matter.

Did you also know that human beings are very complex people indeed, compared to the rest of creations. Man is the only creature who would tear down trees to make paper and then print leaflets saying "Save the trees"?

And finally, do you realise that all the words I use when I write my books are in fact in the dictionary? All I have to do is put them in the right order!


20 comments:

  1. ...thanks, but there is no way that I will be able to remember this interesting facts. And here I thought that you made up words, but you really are a plagiarist?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a plagiarist, a copy-cat even. I discovered everyone can do it with no breach of copyright. Just pick up any words from the dictionary and put them in the right order. Easy!

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
  2. Cut down trees and make signs that say "save the trees." Great point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to start my day, Victor. Blessings always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed today's offerings, Martha.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. Some very interesting facts there!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMEN TO BILL, FROM THE GUY WHO CAN'T TYPE BUT CAN CUT AND PAST!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you again, Jack. Hope all is well with you and yours.

      God bless always.

      Delete
  6. I'm sure feeling fortunate you posted these and turned a less-than-optimal day right around. Paragraph #2 made me laugh out loud!

    PS - Nothing amiss here ... just HOURS waiting in two separate doctor's offices. I don't wait well, particulary when my stomach's growling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praying all went well at the doctor's. I know the feeling, believe me.

      Let me know when you want cheering up and I'll post something funny.

      God bless, Mevely my friend.


      Delete
  7. Blogger is playing up again.

    Cheerful Monk said:

    Yep. Writing is just a big jigsaw puzzle. Hmm, now where might this word go?
    ---Cheerful Monk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My response:

      You got it right, Cheerful Monk. Writing is like a jigsaw puzzle. I pick up a few words from the dictionary and then place them on the page until I get them in the right order. Anyone can do it.

      God bless always. I'm sorry Blogger is stopping you from commenting here. Thank you for writing to me.

      Delete
  8. And your word order is tremendous fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind to me, Mimi. Thank you so much.

      God bless.

      Delete
  9. Isn't this so sad ...
    Man cuts down trees and then make signs that say 'save the trees.'

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. thecontemplativecat here. So very clever. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.