Monday 9 December 2019

How's Your Brain Wired?


Now I know it's Christmas and we should be nice to each other; but I have always suspected that women were ... different in their thinking! It said on TV that women's brains are wired differently.

I didn't know there were wires as such in one's brains; perhaps they meant nerve endings or connectors as a friend of mine used to explain brain actions and reactions.

Anyway, what they were saying on TV is that men's brains are wired from back to front on one's head, whereas women's brains are wired from side to side on their heads - they didn't explain whether it was from left to right, or right to left, or whether it matters. I hate it when TV programs are not precise in what they purport to teach you.

Basically the point they were making is that because of this different wiring men and women often misunderstand each other. Now I happen to know from personal experience that this is true; but I shall refrain from giving you details just in case this Blog post is read by someone I'd rather they didn't.

The program also said that women can have difficulty with spatial awareness. As an example, they mentioned an unhappy marriage where the wife constantly threw things at her husband when they were having an argument. Eventually, after many years, the husband went to a lawyer to seek a divorce. The lawyer asked him why it took him so long to decide to leave his wife. The man replied, "Her aim is getting better!"

Men on the other hand are different in that they can sometimes fail to see something that is obvious in front of them. Like the fact that it is her birthday or the wedding anniversary or some other date which for some reason or other should be celebrated in a special way. (Only a few more shopping days to Christmas and I forgot to buy some more Guinness).

Women can remember things that happened a million years ago and tell you in every details how you behaved at the time; and also make you apologise for something you don't even remember happened or why you are apologising at all.

Incidentally, can any of you reading this, seeing it is Christmas, name the reindeer pulling Santa's sleigh without looking it up on Google or anywhere else? I bet women can.

Apparently, men are also not able to use the eggs from the fridge from left to right, oldest first, rather than from right to left in reverse freshness order; even though they have been told to do so several times.

Personally, I'll admit of never having had this problem. I take the eggs from anywhere haphazard; from middle, left or right. It doesn't matter to me. Anyway, did the hens lay the eggs in order when they put them in the supermarket boxes that we buy?

Oh, one more thing about men. They put the toilet paper wrong on the roll. Just like in the picture above. Apparently, the paper should unfold towards you not from the back of the roll. To be fair to men though, there are no instructions on the packet telling them about this.

So there you have it. Differences between men's and women's brains can lead to several domestic difficulties and we should learn to live happily with one another.

How about you? Do you know of any other differences between men and women in their thinking or behaviour?

Now why are my cans of beer in the pantry next to the dog food when I remember well putting them in the fridge instead of the milk, yogurt, cheese and other dairy products?

22 comments:

  1. Hi Victor,
    thank God that in Jesus there is no male nor female. Galatians ch. 3 v.28.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watch TV Judge shows and the man never knows details.
    Judge, "When did you have the accident?"
    Man, " It was early in May."
    Woman (interrupts disgustedly) "It was April 27th 2PM. It was a Tuesday and it was a cloudy day!"

    Regards to the TP, I once remarked in a blog post that clearly the TP should roll out from the top. Seven different people told me that clearly I have never owned a cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In your first paragraph you make my point exactly, JoeH. I can't even remember what I had for breakfast yesterday. But she made me apologise for an incident which (allegedly) happened 15 years previously and she remembered every detail as you outline in your example.

      Regarding toilet paper. The seven people who wrote to you must have clever cats if they can use the toilet. Ours cannot be taught to use the litter tray. He goes outside in the garden.

      See: https://timeforreflections.blogspot.com/2019/09/wheres-your-cat-litter-tray.html

      God bless you and your family JoeH.

      Delete
  3. Ha! Come your third paragraph I was imagining a tic-tac-toe wiring grid! Then a well-placed verb, 'purport.' (Been watching much CNN, Victor?)

    Perhaps you should market this as a tutorial for new bridegrooms?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's annoying when TV programs don't explain the logic of what they are saying. This was not on CNN, Mevely. It was on one of our British channels.

      Yes, I guess it would make a good lesson for new bridegrooms. My uncle told me once that after 45 years of marriage he still does not understand his wife. She is Greek.

      "It's all Greek to me," he said, "or double Dutch. Mind you she is a good cook, if you like youvarlakia, or avgolemono, or baklava or ..."

      God bless you Mevely.

      Delete
  4. My wife has a great memory. When I want to know something that I can't remember, I just ask her. TP facing the outside, that's the only way to have it even if you have a cat. Never had a problem and at one time we had four of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you; toilet paper should NOT be as in the photo above. And I agree about memories too. Women seem to remember better.

      God bless you and yours, Bill.

      Delete
  5. Some cats are toilet paper afficionados, and some aren't. And of course we think differently. As Larry Burkett used to say, "If two people who are just alike get married, one of you is unnecessary!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If two people think and behave alike we should call them stereo. If they don't, we call them broken stereo.

      God bless Mimi. Keep smiling.

      Delete
  6. We women do have it right when it comes to toilet paper, Victor, and yes, I can name all of Santa's reindeer (wonder how much gray matter that is taking up!).
    Here's some good news: Tomorrow's blog will feature your three Fr. Ignatius novels!!! Hope lots of folks will visit your blog and order your books, my friend!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kindness in featuring my books on your Blog, and for your reader reviews on Amazon, Martha. You are a faithful and loyal reader and I appreciate very much your support. I look forwards to your Blog tomorrow.

      I have just finished my latest trailer video of my Christian books. I'll feature it here sometime before Christmas but here's a preview for you:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdAoy5yhg3A

      God bless you and your family always, Martha. And thanx again.

      Delete
  7. Woman tend to have long memories. Now sometimes this can be a good thing, on the other hand …
    On the subject of toilet paper, apparently over is the correct way!
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/2019/03/will-it-be-over-or-under-in-your-home.html

    … and on that subject out shopping recently and one store was selling toilet rolls featuring pictures of Father Christmas!!! I couldn't believe my eyes!

    Enjoy your week Victor.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Jan. Over is the correct way. Not like in my photo above. The end of the roll must always be folded into a triangle like they do in hotels. Also, you should provide toilet papers individually packed in squares in a box so you can pull them out one at a time as you require. Give people a choice. It always confuses them.

      As for Fr Christmas toilet paper; that's in bad taste. It's sad that some people these days are intent on spoiling everything.

      Happy Advent. God bless, Jan.

      Delete
  8. I think over for TP is the right way too.
    Woman ask more questions. Ken will come home with some bit of news and only know half of it. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree and agree. I agree over for toilet paper. Also that women ask more questions. Some of which I do not have an answer to.

      God bless you, Happyone.

      Delete
  9. Some friends wrote a book about "Men are waffles, women are spaghetti". Thought here is that men tend to handle on square at a time, seeing only that square. Women can multi-task like crazy, they connect one strand to another. This seems right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree Susan. Women can certainly multi-task. I know one who can read the map whilst I am driving, and disagree with what the GPS Satellite Navigation System lady is telling me, and warn me about my bad driving, and also manages to get us lost at the same time and blame me for it.

      God bless you always.

      Delete
  10. Regarding toilet rolls Victor, we always put them the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that this way, or that way?

      God bless, Brenda.

      Delete
    2. The opposite to your pic :-)

      Delete
    3. Agreed Brenda. That's the correct way.

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.