Thursday 2 December 2021

She left me ...

 

It's terrible. Terrible I tell you. I never expected it, Terrible, what shall I do?

Sit down, calm down. Take a deep breath. Tell me what happened.

It's awful. She left me. My wife left me ...

What do you mean?

She just got up this morning and left me. And she took my sausages.

Your sausages?

Yes, she left me and took my sausages.

I don't understand.

What is there not to understand? After all these weeks of marriage it is all over. My wife left me and took my sausages.

It's the sausages bit I don't understand.

They were in the fridge. A new recipe I just invented. I was going to try them out on my customers today and now they're gone. She may even sell them to another butcher.

I understand ... I think ...

It's terrible. A disaster. My sausages are gone. What shall I do? My life is over.

Ehm ... if you don't mind me saying so ... you seem more worried about your sausages than your wife leaving you.

What do you mean?

Tell me ... if your wife had left you this morning but not taken the sausages how would you feel?

Eh? I don't understand ...

Do you love your wife?

Of course I do!

Do you love your sausages?

Yes, of course I do!

Who do you love the most? Your wife, or your sausages?

... ... ... ... ... I'm thinking ... ... ... I'm thinking ... ... ...

23 comments:

  1. ...my sweetheart has been my wife for over 53 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CONGRATULATIONS Tom. Best wishes to you and your wife. Wishing you many more years filled with happiness, good health, and whatever you desire.

      God bless you both and your family.

      Delete
  2. Dearest Victor,
    Haha, there sure is some real DEEP thinking in order...!
    But it might often be true that 'things' around a person, or money or whatever is what bonds more.
    Not the real foundation for an enduring marriage!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mariette. Yes, often marriage is based on other than true love and mutual respect.

      God bless always.

      Delete
  3. Hahaha! Now, if it were rib-eye steaks gone missing .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ... I love rib-eye steak!!!

      God bless you, Mevely.

      Delete
  4. They must have been some award winning sausages. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly ... worth more than a marriage.

      God bless, Bill.

      Delete
  5. I think this guy has his priorities mixed up, that's for sure!
    Blessings, Victor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they both have their priorities mixed up. Did she marry him for his sausages? Does he love his sausages more than her?

      God bless, Martha.

      Delete
  6. I think I know that butcher, the guy thinking......, At least marriages like that.
    Thanks for inviting us over, enjoyed the visit.
    Sherry & I, still over here but thinking......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, many marriages are based on possessions rather than love and mutual respect.

      Glad to see you visiting here again my friend.

      God bless you, Jack and Sherry.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure.

      God bless, Happyone.

      Delete
  8. But it was a new sausage recipe! There might have been a lot of fame and notoriety in it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, to both of them that was more important than their marriage.

      God bless, Kathy.

      Delete
  9. Hm, a man has to have his sausages...

    Thanks for the fun story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When a wife leaves you it seems like the worst thing ever, and then it turns out it is not only addition by subtraction, but probably saved your life...just commenting for a friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand what you mean, JoeH. You are wise indeed.

      God bless always.

      Delete
  11. I'd be worried that some other butcher might learn the secret recipe that went into the sausages. For that I'd be angry at the wife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True ... the priorities of life!

      God bless, River.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.