Saturday 18 March 2023

I love

 


Our teacher asked us what our favourite animal was, and I said, "Fried chicken."

She said I wasn't funny, but she couldn't have been right, because everyone else in the class laughed.

My parents told me to always be truthful and honest, and I am. Fried chicken is my favourite animal. I told my dad what happened, and he said my teacher was probably a vegetarian and would not have reacted if I'd said I loved fried couscous!

He said vegetarians love animals very much.

I do, too. Especially chicken, pork and beef. Anyway, my teacher sent me to the principal's office. I told him what happened, and he laughed, too. Then he told me not to do it again.

The next day in class my teacher asked me what my favourite live animal was.

I told her it was chicken. She asked me why, just like she'd asked the other children.

So I told her it was because you could make them into fried chicken.

She sent me back to the principal's office again. He laughed, and told me not to do it again. I don't understand. My parents taught me to be honest, but my teacher doesn't like it when I am.

Today, my teacher asked us to tell her what famous person we admire most.

I told her, "Colonel Sanders." Guess where I am now. Anyway, the principal smiled without saying a word and then he opened his desk drawer and we shared some KFC legs he had there.

21 comments:

  1. ...I see that your sense of humor was noted at a young age!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Tom. I guess it was not always appreciated though.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Do chickens run on tracks? Can't say I noticed.

      God bless, Kathy.

      Delete
  3. Dearest Victor,
    Haha, having grown up with chickens, they always were in my mind as well—not fried though.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like fresh eggs every day.

      God bless, Mariette.

      Delete
    2. My Parents sold the eggs after cleaning them with vinegar...

      Delete
  4. I laughed out loud with this one, Victor. Blessings, and keep enjoying that fried chicken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to laugh, Martha. I love KFC.

      God bless.

      Delete
  5. Loved it. I laughed out loud too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our teacher asked us what our favourite animal was, and I said, "Fried chicken."


    It is the best way for a chicken to be. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess your teacher didn't recognize talent when it was right in front of her. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep ... I am never appreciated in my own time.

      God bless, Bill.

      Delete
  8. I used to work closely with a vegetarian/Earth momma who had little to no sense of humor. I once asked my son if they had names for their chickens and he said, "No ... one does not name their food." (lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind people being vegetarians; but why are they so "holier than thou" in their attitude? I knew someone who would not even wear leather shoes or buy a leather sofa.

      God bless. Mevely.

      Delete
  9. Some adults have outgrown their sense of humor, like your teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Victor, I think your name should be 'Dick', you are very clever. Although I eat chicken I could quite happily be a vegetarian if my husband was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not that clever, Brenda. I just think life is too serious.

      God bless you.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.