Sunday 16 July 2023

Not Good Enough

 

Hello !!! Is God calling? Is the Holy Spirit asking something of you?

We read in the Bible that God called Moses for a special task. In the case of Paul, God used more drastic measures to attract his attention. Jesus called Peter to follow Him. And Matthew, and the other disciples. Over the years God has called many people to do His work. Mother Theresa comes to mind. Father Damien De Veuster left his native country and went to work amongst the lepers in Molokai. I am sure you can name other people who have heard the Word of God and obeyed it.

But is God calling you right now? We all have a duty and responsibility to evangelise and spread the Word of God; especially at this time when secularism is on the rise. Could the person He is calling is you, or me, or someone else we know?

A simple excuse or deterrent in our mind is that "we are not good enough!" 

Moses was hesitant at first, when approached by God, citing his stammer as an impediment to the task ahead. But look what he achieved. Paul was a declared enemy of God, in fact he fought God by killing the early Christians. And look what he accomplished. Peter denied Jesus three times. Yet see what he did after that in preaching the Word.

Many years ago, a priest suggested to me that I had a vocation. At the time, (and still now), I did not think it is my calling.

We don't have to be members of the clergy, or preachers, or church leaders to serve God. We can't all be Joyce Meyer, R T Kendall, Dr David Jeremiah or Pastor Steven Furtick. 

We can be just who we are. Slowly, calmly, with conviction tell others what God has done for us.

Tell it on a one-to-one basis, or in a short paragraph or two on social media. 

Think of all the people Jesus helped. Lazarus was raised from the dead, Jarius had his daughter healed, the woman who touched Christ's cloak was healed, the Roman Centurion had his servant healed, the ten lepers, the deaf, the dumb, the blind, the lame, the possessed and many others were healed. I'd like to think that they all spent the rest of their lives telling others what Jesus did to them.  

And that is evangelising.

I never dreamt years ago that I'd have a Blog, a website, and a number of Christian books to my name. I hesitated when I took the first steps in writing my first book VISIONS back 2007. But one book seemed to follow another. I write them and God makes sure they go in the right hands.

I'm not suggesting everyone should write a book, or preach at street corners, or knock on doors. But every so often, one post or comment on social media may well encourage someone who has never heard of Jesus to start searching for God.     

Is God calling you right now? Does He have a task for you? Are you listening?

16 comments:

  1. "one post or comment on social media may well encourage someone who has never heard of Jesus to start searching for God."

    Shh...listen carefully. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Victor, my best to you on this Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for illustrating how we, too, can evangelize. I can make excuses all day -- 'I'm too old' or 'I'm too shy' -- but that shouldn't stop me from sharing examples of God's love -- either on my blog or others'. I'd like to become an encourager, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, Mevely; everyone can be a good evangeliser. The Holy Spirit will show you what to say and how to say it. Just pray and ask His help.

      I did not set up to write books. It just happened. Sometimes I read back and ask, "did I really write that?"

      You can e-mail me at any time.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  4. Thanks,Victor for the encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God can use ANYONE, even me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all have gifts that we can use to the glory of God, Victor. Let's listen closely to what the Lord would have us do.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The road to Hell is paved with (my) good intentions (to reach out to people about God).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allow the Holy Spirit to lead you, Kathy.

      God bless.

      Delete
  8. He doesn't call all of us to be church planters or foreign missionaries. Most of us are just called to shine our light right where we are, and yes, it's as simple as a smile and a word, loving people and letting them know it.

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.