Friday 14 July 2023

Who are you?

 

I don't know if this happens on your TV. You have an item of news and then they introduce an individual to expound and talk about it ad infinitum until I fall asleep.

I normally check to see who this individual is and what qualifies him or her to talk about the subject in question. They usually show the name at the bottom of the screen and then the occupation as: writer, commentator, author, reporter, ex advisor to ..., blogger, podcaster, and so on.

Wait a minute. I am all of these. I am a writer. I learnt to write at the age of five. It was the alphabets at first then I put letters together to make words like: DOG, CAT, IDIOTS ...

I'm also a commentator. I have an opinion on any subject you care to mention whether I know anything about it or not; and my views are just as relevant as the next man's or woman's. Why don't they have me on TV to comment on just about anything?

I am not a podcaster because I don't know what it means. But I'm sure I can comment about it if asked.

I've even been an ex advisor to my dog until he learnt to ignore me. So I can advise anyone if they need it.

I don't mind when the subject they are discussing is of a medical, or technical nature and they have a doctor or scientist there, or an economist to explain rising prices and the GDP of a country, or some other expert on the subject under discussion.

But when they have an "author" or "commentator" or "reporter" then I would say that their views are just as valid as yours, or mine, or my dog's even.

So if there are any TV producers out there reading this I am: 

Victor S E Moubarak - Nonsense Advisor

12 comments:

  1. ...today it's no longer necessary to be a knowledgeable expert to be able to talk people asleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Tom. I can talk ad infinitum about any nonsense subject.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. Based on your posts, I can say you're a very good Nonsense Advisor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the recommendation, Kathy. God bless you.

      Delete
  3. As long as you do not go on ad infinatum I'm glad to get advise from the "Nonsense Advisor." Have a grand weekend, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can talk Nonsense for as long or as little as possible, Cathy. Just one minute if you wish.

      God bless always. Happy Weekend.

      Delete
  4. Who, who, who, who?
    Unfortunately, my verbal skills are lacking -- but I agree. My views are just as valid as yours. And theirs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only today there was someone on TV and he was introduced as "Name ... Commentator". What does that mean? Is he an economist, a businessman, entrepreneur? Does he run or manage a big business? He went on and on about the cost of living and said nothing that my dog did not already know. I bet he was paid handsomely too.

      God bless you, Mevely. I always appreciate your views and opinions.

      Delete
  5. Nonsense advisor must keep you very busy because there is a lot of it our there in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Bill. There's so much nonsense said out there on TV, radio, newspapers and social media.

      God bless, my friend.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It happened again, Martha. Today on TV there was someone introduced as "Name ... Singer". I'd never heard of her before. She was talking about not eating meat and vegetarianism. I would have accepted if she talked about music, singing, or the entertainment industry. That's her field as a singer. But why is the opinion of a celebrity about eating meat be relevant?

      As you know from my previous posts I'm a good singer. I guess you are too. So why are we not on TV talking about meat and vegetables, or bricklaying, or curtains?

      God bless always.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.