Tuesday 23 June 2009

Dentists.

I took someone for a dental check-up. She was a little nervous. The receptionist explained that many people are nervous of the dentist.

No wonder … the shrill sound of that drill spinning near your mouth is enough to scare the toughest of characters.

You hear so many alarming stories about things going wrong, especially when patients are subjected to local or total anesthetic, it is no wonder dentists are feared by many.

You know … I was nearly killed by a dentist once.

I was driving up a narrow country lane and he raced towards me at speed on the wrong side of the road.

Now I avoid dentists whenever I can.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah it's amazing how people are afraid of the dentist and not of God. It burdens my soul to hear people blaspheme God when they are going to have to give an account to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminds me - I have a dental appointment on Saturday morning. I hate going to the dentist too...! W McCallum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan,

    Perhaps if the devil were a dentist more people would fear him and turn to God!

    Wendy,

    Best wishes on Saturday. I'm sure dentists aren't as bad as they're painted. Awful drivers though!!!

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.