Tuesday 2 October 2018

Thinking with my brain

I don't know about you ... but I often think. I find myself thinking at the most in-opportune time. In conversations for instance. People could be talking to me and I'm thinking about something else altogether. It happens all the time. In fact I am thinking right now. I am writing this piece and thinking about what I am to write next. And my fingers can't type fast enough to catch up with my brain thinking.

I'll give you some examples.

I was thinking the other day. What would be the worst thing to discover when you wake up from your sleep?

Imagine waking up and discovering you have missed the exit on the highway where you should have gone!

Or waking up and finding the zoo-keeper going, "Shhhh ... don't make a noise ... we'll get you out soon!"

Or waking up and finding you're in hospital having an operation. And the doctor is consulting a book. Or asking you to hold the scalpel whilst he gets rid of his cigarette.

Now that would be really scary to wake up to, wouldn't it?

How about the last thing you do before going to bed. I was thinking about that. What is the last thing you do before going to sleep?

Personally, I unplug the bedside lamp. We have one of those sound sensitive lamps. All you have to do is say ON or OFF, or make a clapping sound, and it switches itself on and off. I hate it when the light comes on every time I break wind. Or when we make other noises in bed.

I also check for frogs in the bedroom before going to sleep. I would not want to kiss a frog in my sleep and it turns into a prince. That would be hard to explain having a prince in bed with me. Or a princess even. I don't have the energy for the French mรฉnages ร  trois. Sometimes men can't even manage one never mind trois!

When we have had a row ... as most couples do ... the last thing I do before going to sleep is check that there are no other people in the park. I would hate it if the person on the next bench steals my shoes whilst I'm asleep.

I was thinking, whilst lying on a park bench, many people have obsessions. Some serious, some not so serious; like checking you've locked the door properly before leaving the house.

My personal obsession is starting collections. I don't collect things, like stamps, as a hobby. I start collections and then stop. For example, I now have two pencils. I stopped collecting any more. I once started a butterfly collection. I caught a moth and a fly and then gave up. I joined Facebook to have many friends or followers; then deleted the account when I had three "friends". I bet they're wondering where I got to. I now moved to Twitter and will delete the account as soon as I have three or four followers.

Another obsession I have is the dislike of modern technology. Instead of telling everyone all I do on Facebook or Twitter I now walk the streets and every so often I say aloud something about myself. I say something like: "I've bought a new pair of shoes ... Pastrami tastes nice with strawberry jam ... The rain in Spain has just stopped ..." So far I have two followers. They wear white coats and carry big butterfly nets.

And another thing. I get the feeling that people avoid me when I'm on the bus or train. They often move away and sit somewhere else.

The other day I was on the bus quietly eating a jar of mayonnaise when the young lady next to me got up and moved to another seat. I can't understand why. The same happened on the train when I was eating a jar of chilli sauce.

I just sat there ... thinking. I wonder why they moved away? They must be weird.

Anyway, that's me ... thinking. I wonder what I'll think next? Better think something fast for tomorrow's Blog post. Writing one a day is quite an achievement you know.

Do you think often? What do you think about? What are you thinking now? Be honest.

22 comments:

  1. I am always thinking, mostly about what I have to do next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking that meeting you in person would be an experience indeed!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit, Terri, sometimes I would like to meet myself.

      Who said that?

      I did.

      I did who?

      (Shall I go on, Terri?)

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. I'm thinking this is hilarious, Victor! And I don't know how you can generate a daily post - years ago, I did, and it just about did me in.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing is, Martha, to be honest, my brain seems to be always thinking without stopping. Let me give you an example; I have just come back from church where we had a discussion group meeting. We were talking about Faith. Someone mentioned Abraham and what Faith he had to obey God and offer his only son as a sacrifice. I said, "someone should have reported him to Social Services, and the son should tell his story on the Jerry Springer Show!"

      They laughed; although one of them did not appreciate my humour. But that's me.

      God bless you, Martha.

      Delete
  4. I am thinking that I was pretty lucky to find a wonderfully funny and multi-talented person like you to blog with.

    ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚Blessings๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How kind of you to say this, Jan. You are more talented than me. I wish I could paint like you.

      God bless you.

      Delete
    2. You are very kind Victor. Wait until you see my post tomorrow... I'm thinking you'll like it :)
      My hubby wanted me to paint it for him...so I did ๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ‘ป๐ŸŽƒ

      Delete
    3. Looking forward to it, Jan. Very talented, Jan.

      God bless.

      Delete
  5. I'm thinking of so many things, what photos to take and post, what to read next as I get closer to the end of my current book. It never ends, does it? Figure one thing out, think about another. I am also thinking what a funny person you are and how laughter makes us feel good. :)
    Enjoy the evening, Victor. No thinking allowed! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed you are right, Bill. We seem to be thinking all the time. Sometimes I think when I am asleep. I wonder if this has ever happened to anyone else? I like your daily photos by the way. Especially the scenery ones.

      God bless.

      Delete
  6. FAR FAR TOO MUCH, Victor!!It can be a curse! BUT then there are all the others who seldom if EVER think! We must help strike the balance!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Lulu, in that some people hardly ever think. A friend of mine was in charge of a lot of people who hardly had one thought between them. He was the attendant at the cemetery. He used to talk to them but ... no answer. I think he lost the plot!

      God bless.

      Delete
  7. Careful! I might fight you for that jar of mayo, Victor. Do I think? What Lulu just said! What's the worst thing to discover upon waking? Learning I was still employed at my former workplace; that this retirement and relocation was all a dream. Aaargh!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually Mevely, that happened to me. I dreamt I was at work contributing to a management meeting. When I woke up ... I was !!!

      God bless.

      Delete
  8. I'm not thinking, Victor. I can't stop laughing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about the not thinking; the laughing bit is good.

      God bless you, Chris.

      Delete
  9. I'm pondering what else you would think with besides your brain :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha ... some people think with other parts of their anatomy.

      God bless you, Kathy.

      Delete
  10. I'm thinking about having my ice cream in a little while. : )
    My mind flits from one thing to another!

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.