Wednesday 2 November 2022

Come on ... Hurry ...

 

Come on ... Hurry up ... Put your shoes on ... and your coat. Now go and wait in the car. I'll be with you in a moment.

Yes ... you can take your Teddy bear with you ... just get your coat on and go in the car with the others.

Are you OK up there? You really don't need to put any make up on Darling. You're lovely just as you are. Come on, let's hurry up. We're late already ...

I've got the kids in the car ... we're just waiting for you now ... Come down  just as you are ...

Very funny Darling ... when I said come down as you are ... OK perhaps you should change from your pyjamas.

Right ... are we all in the car? Let's go.

Damn traffic ... why is it so busy on a Sunday? 

I AM being calm ... we're going to be late again. I hate going to church late when Mass has already started.

That's the third traffic light that has turned red just to stop me. I'm sure the devil is having a right laugh today. Come on ... change to green.

Now it's turned green. Why is that idiot ahead not moving? I'm not swearing at him ... I am pointing out that he has not moved and the lights have turned green three weeks ago. What is he waiting for? Christmas?

I'll honk the horn to wake him up.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Ah ... that got him startled ... why is he moving so slowly? And he's turning left instead of going straight ahead and out of my way. He is just a few feet in front exactly where we want to go and he is moving at snails miles an hour. Come on ... move faster you **** **##***!!!

What the **** ... he is entering the church car park!!! 

I'd better go and apologise for honking him by accident. I'll say my hand just slipped on the horn and I didn't mean it. We Christians should set an example and all that ...

Oh ... hello Father ... I did not know it was you just ahead of me. There's only a minute to go before Mass starts. Are you not celebrating Mass today?

Oh ... ehm ... Mass is in an hour's time? I forgot they moved the clocks back and we're an hour early. Ha ha ... I bet they only change the clocks to confuse us all ... Ha ...

16 comments:

  1. ...for many, this is the story of their life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I am a few minutes late responding to your comment, Tom. My watch stopped altogether.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. I didn't know you guys turned back the clocks too! Here in the US they say it is an old tradition from when farmers needed their kids home from school a while longer in order to bring in the harvest. I have no idea if that's true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard similar stories about farmers over here too, Sandi. Although I spoke to an expert friend of mine and he said they only change the clocks back and forwards just to annoy people and to give them something to talk about.

      God bless always.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the laugh this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I'm imagining the look on your face.
    The first part of this sure brings back memories of my dad standing at the bottom of the staircase with keys in his hand: "Hustle up!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why is it women always take so long to get ready when we have to go somewhere?

      God bless, Mevely.

      Delete
  5. BEEN THERE done that, arrived an hour early wondering were everyone was....... However I did not blow the horn at the priest or preacher..... LOL Was this personal experience? Love from here.... I m no fan of changing clocks...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It nearly was personal experience. Years ago, in the Spring, when clocks are moved forwards, we arrived in church as the Mass was ending.

      People over here are always debating whether we should stop changing clocks. I believe the whole world should be on one time zone. We all synchronise our clocks on a given date and no matter where you are - USA, Europe, Australia etc ... it will always be midday or midnight or any other time everywhere. No more reliance on where the sun is in relation to the earth. It's all a myth anyway since the world is flat anyway and the sun does not move at all - nor does the earth.

      What do you think, Jack?

      God bless.

      Delete
  6. We change our clocks this coming weekend back to the normal time. I wish they would then leave the clocks alone!! Some states here don't change them anymore. Every year I threaten to move to one of those states! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do they change the clocks by one hour? Why not 30 minutes? Or 29 minutes to make it more fun?

      God bless, Happyone.

      Delete
  7. This scenario is too clever by far, Victor! Haven't we all been in a similar predicament at some point in our lives?
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hate it when they change the clocks. Takes me a week to adjust. Why not move the clocks a full 24 hours, so instead of Sunday it is Monday after Saturday. Then we don't have to change the clocks; just take a day off the calendar.

      God bless, Martha.

      Delete
  8. This reminds me of the time a very aggressive driver almost hit my car in a rush to get around. When he pulled into a church parking lot, i wondered if he realized how unchristian he had looked when he did that, and it makes me pay more attention now when i drive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was probably our priest trying to get to church on time. Sorry Mimi.

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.