Saturday 17 December 2022

No Regrets

 

Je Ne Regrette Rien
No Regrets

 

No! No regrets

No! I will have no regrets

All the things

That went wrong

For at last I have learned to be strong

No! No regrets

No! I will have no regrets

For the grief doesn't last

It is gone

I've forgotten the past

And the memories I had

I no longer desire

Both the good and the bad

I have flung in a fire

And I feel in my heart

That the seed has been sown

It is something quite new

It's like nothing I've known

No! No regrets

No! I will have no regrets

All the things that went wrong

For at last I have learned to be strong

No! No regrets

No! I will have no regrets

For the seed that is new

It's the love that is growing for you

I regret giving mouth-to-mouth resuscitation to a wasp. It stung me on the lips. Also, nailing my shoes to the floorboards next to my bed to stop the dog from taking them away. The next morning I put the shoes on and fell flat on my face.
 
I guess there are others but over all, regrets ... I've had a few; but then again too few to mention.
 
I've always been independent and did it my way. Never ever have I plagiarised from anyone. No one should plagiarise. You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us. And the world will be as one.
 
If you have any regrets, and you can put them right, do so right now. If you cannot put them right pray about them, seek forgiveness and hand them to God.




27 comments:

  1. ...i have just a few regrets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BREAKING NEWS: I regret answering the phone today whilst I had a pizza in the oven.

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. BREAKING NEWS: Burnt pizza tastes awful.

      God bless, Bill.

      Delete
  3. Dearest Victor,
    Well, we both regret for not having had a video camera when flying in a helicopter from Jakarta to Yogjakarta and due to fog, next day to our work area. The views were just heavenly!
    Also from other dangerous periods while on the road in India and Indonesia—wish we'd have smart phones back then!
    The 2nd video is NOT showing—it reads — Video unavailable...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, there are so many occasions when video would have been great.

      Have you tried the 2nd video on You Tube? Sometimes some videos do not show in some countries.

      Are other readers experiencing problems wit the 2nd video - the English version of the song?

      God bless, Mariette.

      Delete
    2. Can't click ANYTHING, no link to YouTube...!

      Delete
    3. Very strange. I take it the French version is playing OK.

      Delete
  4. I do regret not inspecting my bologna sandwich when we were out on a picnic. I would have known there was a bumble bee that snuck inside. Ouch in the mouth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? How did the bumble bee get there? That must have been very painful, Brian.

      God bless.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Me too ... I've put mine in a photo album.

      God bless, Sandi.

      Delete
  6. I have regrets, Victor, and I know I must turn them all over to Jesus and seek His forgiveness.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand, Martha. We all make mistakes at some time or other.

      God bless.

      Delete
  7. Yes, I've more than a few regrets. Thank you for your recommendation.
    BTW, I wasn't familiar with this song until, years ago I saw a televised commercial for Dove chocolates. (Link below) Immediately, I was hooked by the emotion in her voice.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWJ2ThGFg-o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely memory. I have not seen this advert for a while. Over here it is shown as Galaxy Chocolate. It is the same as Dove. Dove (sold as Galaxy in the UK, Ireland, the Middle East, India and Australia) is an American brand of chocolate owned and manufactured by Mars.

      The lyrics in the song, in English, are very powerful.

      As for regrets. What we should do, Mevely, is learn from them, put them behind us, and move on. My regrets often come to mind, but when I rethink, I am convinced that I was right in what I did and would do it again in similar circumstances.

      God bless always my friend.

      Delete
  8. I think we all have some regrets, but hopefully we have learned from them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You said: If you cannot put them right pray about them, seek forgiveness and hand them to God.
    Thanks, Regrets, everyone has a few. But for me, I must thank you for the REMINDER, I am working on them.
    Love from this side...
    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let us all pray for our regrets and seek God's grace and forgiveness.

      God bless you always, Jack and Sherry.

      Delete
  10. Yes, i have some, and yes, i've prayed over them. Some still haunt me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do not let them haunt you, Mimi. Life is not a video recorded on tape or a CD. You cannot rewind the tape and record over it again.

      As best you can, let go of the past regrets. Hand them over to God and say you cannot change the past and if you were in the wrong ask for His forgiveness. And move on in the love and care of the Lord.

      Praying for you. God bless.

      Delete
  11. I'm sure most of us have some regrets, but it is best to learn from them ...

    I enjoyed listening to Edith Piaf.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we all have regrets. Piaf was a good singer.

      God bless, Jan.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.