Monday 5 December 2022

It's Christmas Time



Happy and Blessed Advent everyone.

We have a tradition in our family. As we approach Christmas we tend to visit family and friends and have gatherings usually at weekends. There's about four or five such gatherings leading on to Christmas day itself.

It was our turn last weekend and we had about a dozen people around.

As everyone was cheerful and merry I remembered an old lady who lives alone a few houses down the road.

No one ever seems to visit her. No family. No friends. No neighbours. No one.

Can you imagine that? Being all alone in her home at Christmas with no one with her. I felt sorry for her.

So I put on my coat and walked down to her house and asked her if we could borrow some of her chairs.

She refused.

What a selfish person. No wonder she is all alone at Christmas!
OK ... I AM JOKING

YOU LOT SHOULD STOP TAKING ME SERIOUSLY!

19 comments:

  1. ...family is the most important part of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. This is fantastic. It's nice to meet you. Visiting today from Linda's blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula.

      Thanx for your visit. It's great to see you visiting here. Please call again soon and often. If you want humour, this is the place to be. Click the tab "Giggles and Fun" at the top of this Blog.

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. Dearest Victor,
    Christmas ought to be a family time—that's what it was when I grew up in The Netherlands.
    Nothing like a commercial MASS ACT...
    Sad and it is especially hard on the lonely.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too true, Mariette. It is a family time in our family too. Only, when we all get together we run out of chairs.

      God bless always.

      Delete
    2. No Victor, we never ran out of seats...😏

      Delete
  4. Christmas is all about family. Lots of fun time with the ones you see and visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree, Bill. We have great fun playing musical chairs. Next time I'll ask them to bring their own when they visit.

      God bless.

      Delete
  5. LOL, I wasn't expecting that! This year I'm grateful for having a small family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to laugh, Mevely. With family and friends.

      God bless you all.

      Delete
  6. When I was young we'd visit family on Christmas Eve, it was about 6 stops along the way. We usually brought our own crabby person with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess every family has its crabby person. In our family, it's me. But I like my family. If it was not for my family I would be arguing with perfect strangers.

      God bless, Brian.

      Delete
  7. I didn't see that coming, Victor! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No ... neither did I. I thought she would let us have some chairs.

      God bless Martha.

      Delete
  8. Family is nice to have around!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, as long as they sit down.

      God bless, Happyone.

      Delete
  9. Heeheehee!

    Next time, maybe she'll let you use the chairs if she can come along and use one herself. It might be worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that is sensible, Mimi. She should have offered me some chairs.

      God bless you.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.