Tuesday 26 October 2021

What happens on the other side

 

When we're in Heaven with God, is it possible that He may ask us to return to earth, as spirits, to accomplish His purpose or intent?

To God, everything is possible. But let us explore this further.

What happens to us when we die?

Two schools of thoughts. Some believe we come face-to-face with God and we are judged and we go to either Heaven or hell. The Catholics also believe we go to Purgatory; but let us not confuse matters even more for now. 

The options appear to be either Heaven or hell. 

When Christ died on the Cross He said to the thief by His side, "Today you will be in Paradise with me". This does imply instant judgement at the time of death. When our loved ones die, often at the funeral we are told in sermons that they are in Heaven, looking down on us.

When Christ went up the mountain with Peter, James and John, (The Transfiguration - Matthew 17:1–8, Mark 9:2–8, Luke 9:28–36), the disciples saw Moses and Elijah talking to Jesus. Now  we assume that they saw them as bodies not just spirits. This means that God is able to let dead people appear again on earth as human bodies to suit His purposes.

So the question is: If God wanted to, can He allow a certain dead person to go back to earth to serve God's purpose? The answer is YES - God can do anything. 

The next question then is: Does God do that? Does He send people (souls) back to earth to serve His purpose? We don't know the answer, but I see no reason why He does not do so.

God sent Angels many times on earth to announce to Mary about Christ's birth, to announce to the shepherds the same thing, and to warn Joseph to go to Egypt. So why can He not send souls from Heaven to visit earth to serve His purpose - perhaps to protect us? 

This raises another question: Are Angels souls of those who have died and gone to Heaven? Do souls in Heaven somehow become Angels?

Whilst we have no answer to those questions, and they are not raised in the Bible, apart from the fact that Angels exist, we can assume that if God wanted to He could make souls in Heaven Angels, and He could send them to various missions on earth.

And another question. Are ghosts/spirits here on earth with God's express permission, to accomplish a mission perhaps?

When Christ walked on water, His disciples on the boat thought they had seen a ghost. Jesus did not say, "Hold on chaps. There are no such things as ghosts!"

When He appeared to the disciples after the Resurrection, He said, "Look, it is me. I am not a ghost. I have flesh and bones. Ghosts do not have flesh and bones". (Luke 24:36 onwards - and other Gospels).

So this implies that ghosts do exist and they are spirits - not humans with flesh and bones. 

In my view, and I'd appreciate yours: To God all is possible.

He could, if He wishes, send back the souls of dead people back to earth in the form of spirits or angels or ghosts. They would certainly not be able to do so without His express permission.

We will not know the answers to all these questions ... not now at least.

29 comments:

  1. Hi Victor,
    when I had my near death experience, I believe absolutely that place was reality and when I was told 'it's not time yet, you must go back', even though I had been married for ten years and I loved my husband and son very much in this world, I said 'I don't want to go back', the next words spoken to me were 'You must go back' and I was brought back to my life on earth ( which was more like a dream compared to where I had been). One of the scriptures the Lord spoke to me shortly after was Jeremiah ch. 1 v.5 which states that God knew me before He formed me in my mother's womb. That Word spoken to each of us daily is a living Word which God uses for the Holy Spirit to lead us into all truth. I, and other believers that I know have had many supernatural experiences which line up with scripture. Whatever God uses us for when we become part of the body of Christ on earth is used to bring all to His Son Jesus, so that we may have access to eternal life. I really believe that place that I was taken to was the third Heaven described by Paul the apostle, and my knowledge was increased one million percent but was taken away when I returned to my life on earth. Another thing that my husband and I experienced when were driving down a road at night and it was raining was a ghostly form of a highwayman crossing the road. We went straight through the vision, it was very frightening. We later learned that there had been a place where they used to hang the highwaymen at the top of the hill many years before. We think it could have been like another time zone, as Albert Einstein believes. Jesus appeared with Moses and Elijah on a mountain at one time. God alone knows what all the mysterious things happening are. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda for sharing your experiences with us. There are so many things we are yet to know in this life.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. ...perhaps we will have to wait and see,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at the story of the Witch of Endor. She had a familiar spirit, it was one she knew. When G-d actually allowed Samuel to come back and talk to Saul, it scared her silly, she wasn't used to that.

    Can He send them back? Yes, by that Scriptural story alone we see it. Does He do it often? We have no clue.

    One thing i do know is not to "mess with" the spirit world, but to stay close to The Lord and His will, and pray all things in Jesus name. Try to do nothing like that on your own, you will find yourself in a scary place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With God, nothing is impossible, Victor. So yes, I believe He could, can, and does these things when necessary to fulfill His purposes for us. Great thoughts here, my friend!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha. I too believe He could and does these things.

      God bless always.

      Delete
  5. I don't believe humans become angels. We see in the bible that God created us both seperately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly ... you may well be right. I really don't know.

      God bless you, Sandi.

      Delete
  6. I can't reconcile 'seeing' an earthly body brought back ... but as you've pointed out, God can do anything He wishes. Thus far I've not witnessed a ghost-- or the spirit of a loved one -- but it's my fondest wish one might appear, bringing comfort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember a quote, to be kind to strangers as we may well be seeing angels. Can't remember where it's from.

      I don't really know, Mevely. God could well be sending us angels, or loved ones to protect us. We don't necessarily have to be able to see them. They could be beside us right now and we don;t see them.

      God bless you, Mevely.

      Delete
  7. It's all a mystery until we cross over to the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very thought provoking post. I like it. Yes, HE can do anything He decides to. I do like logic, even in scripture logic is wise. There is even logic in HIS power. I would love to encounter my mom or dad's spirit.........I THINK!
    Love it my friend, Keep it up.
    Sherry & jack ..... smiling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support, Jack. The logic, in my mind, says that God can do anything if He wishes to. So He can/may send people/spirits back to earth to accomplish His well.

      God bless you and Sherry.

      Delete
  9. I believe we either go to heaven or hell the moment we die.
    The Bible tells us that God created the angels so I don't believe that people can become angels. I do believe that God could put angels here on earth to help us if he wanted - after all He is God and can do anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good points ... all of them. I can't argue with that apart from mentioning that God did send Moses and Elijah, and others, back to earth when He wished them to do so. So He could, if He wanted to, send people who die back to earth in the form of spirits.

      God bless, Happyone.

      Delete
  10. Never underestimate the capabilities of God for they are endless and more possible than our human minds can fathom. Yes, I believe there are angels among us, because scripture tells us so. Hebrews 13:2. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels.

    Blessing, Victor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reminding me of the Bible quote, Nells. See my comment to Mevely above. As you say, God's capabilities are endless.

      God bless always.

      Delete
  11. I don't know if any come back, but I know some hang about a bit after they have died. I felt my dad near me for about three weeks after he died, then he was gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your experience, River.

      God bless.

      Delete
  12. I believe my loved ones are with the Lord in Heaven. I hope to be there sooner than later as this world has gone mad. PLease pray for my husband Avery as he struggles to get his health back after being denied his life saving asthma medication since August. I want to hate them but my friend Linda, called me and told me never go to their level, never. God does not want that for you. She was a lifesaver during this past week. The medical field has become greedy for money and uncompassionate. I am very sickened by it all. But a bright spot in my day when I called the doctors office for the 100th time and talked to a kind soul Christina, she dleivered my message exactly as I told her. I feel like she helped save my husband. I am going to get her a a thank you gift and drop it off at their office. Little glimmers of kindness do exist. I am sorry to vent, but I should have visited all the prayerful souls here last week. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry to hear about your husband's illness, Tata. I am praying for him now and for you and your family.

      God bless you all.

      Delete
  13. "For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." 1 Corthinians 13;v 12

    Yes God can do anything and everything but I do not believe it is according to His purpose to raise spirits here on earth to comfort us. He already gave us Christ and the Holy Spirit to comfort us. I also don't believe our dead turn into angels. When my son died almst 20 years ago, people kept telling me I had a angel watching over me. I was polite as they were trying to comfort me. I am to turn to God for my comfort in all things.

    As for the witch of Endor, Saul shouldn't have done what he did yet God allowed it this one time probably so we can learn from it. Heck even Samuel had something to say to Saul about being brought back, "Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?”

    I may not know a lot but I am firm in what I believe and have read. In all things, we must turn to the One; no substitutions whatsoever because God is a jealous God. He wants our worship to be of Him. And we as a people, have shown time after time, we are fickle.

    Okay enough of my rambling. Great thought provoking post. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the purpose of the post, Debby. To be thought-provoking. We will not know one way or another until the next life. God, being all-powerful, can do anything to serve His purpose.

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.