Wednesday 13 October 2021

Doggone !!!

 

We love dogs and many have them as pets. We spend a fortune on dogs. Food, shelter, vet fees, pet insurance and so on.

Have you noticed in supermarkets how pet foods are stacked on shelves? Over here they put the food according to the height of the animal. The dog foods are placed at eye level so you notice them as you walk down the aisle. Cat foods are lower down. Food for fish and birds are on the bottom shelves. It's quite a task getting food for giraffes.

A friend's Golden Labrador has sadly died. He is quite wealthy, the friend not the dog. So in order to remember the dog, he went to a jeweller and asked him to make a statue of the dog in gold so he can keep it on the mantle-piece. 

The jeweller asked, "18 carats?"

"No," my friend replied, "eating bones of course!"

Another friend has lost his dog. They were in the park and the dog got off its lead and ran away. I suggested he puts an advert in the newspaper, also posters all over the area which he could stick on trees, notice boards and such like.

A few days later and he still did not find his dog.

I asked him what he had written on the advert and posters.

He replied, "Here boy!"

I got an e-mail from a friend in Australia. He is a shepherd. Whilst he was out with his dog in the fields shepherding his flock a crocodile came out of a swamp and bit his leg!

I sympathised and e-mailed back, "which one?"

He said, "I dunno sport! You see a crocodile and you've seen them all!"

He explained he did not lose his leg but he was in hospital for treatment. I e-mailed "Antibiotics?"

He replied, "No ... but uncle Biotics came to see me instead!"

Another friend has one of those fluffy, bouncy type of dogs. It's white and looks like a low flying cloud. He's always friendly and playful.

One day when the delivery man came round the dog barked at him. As the man ran away he dropped his hat and the dog chewed it.

The man complained to my friend. My friend smiled and said, "It's only a hat, mate! No harm done."

The delivery man replied, "I don't like your attitude!"

To which my friend said, "It's not my hat he chewed, it's your hat he chewed!" 

The old man who lives in the house behind us ... his back garden backs onto our back garden ... well, he must have got a little puppy for company. I was digging my garden and saw the little dog in his garden. He chose a silly name for his dog, I thought. He called him "Help!"

All day yesterday, I could hear the old man shouting "Help! Help!" Eventually, he must have found him because he stopped calling. 

This morning, whilst I was out buying a newspaper, I saw an ambulance outside the old man's house.

(It's a joke folks ... a joke ... no dogs have been harmed in the writing of this post!)

When I got to work this morning my secretary was crying her heart out. She did no work at all. Apparently her dog had died. She showed me his photo. 

I wanted her to get on with her work. So to stop her crying, I took the photo and went out and bought her an identical dog. When she saw it she cried some more.

Now she has two dead dogs!

(It's another joke ... I did not buy her a dead dog ... you are a tough audience you lot!"



25 comments:

  1. ...and when I was i the landscape business I was bit once too many times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear that, Tom. Yes, some dogs can be vicious.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. Good jokes and adorable photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked them Kathy. Keep smiling.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  3. Dearest Victor,
    Haha, on our bicycle ride yesterday doing our 36 km I took a different road. Boy was I sorry... soon enough a huge barking dog came running at us! I of course did speed up as fast as I could. Pieter stayed calm and said, he did never enter the road... One can never know for sure and a nasty bite causes huge problems for a heart patient like Pieter who's on blood thinners. He once got bitten by a German shepherd and ended up at the emergency room... HATE free roaming big dogs (uhm, their stupid owners I mean of course!).
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so irresponsible to have dogs roaming free, especially big ones which can be vicious and attack. I'm so glad neither of you was hurt.

      God bless you and yours, Mariette.

      Delete
  4. In spite of myself, I'm chuckling! Yes, ours are definitely expensive to maintain (in the manner they've become accustomed to) ..... but I wouldn't trade them for the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how quickly they learn. Ours knows when it is time for feeding, and for his walk. Dogs are good company too, ours warns us when there's someone at the door.

      God bless you, Mevely.

      Delete
  5. Thanks again for the entertainment. I am not the loudest dog behind the fence, but I did get this line:
    it's your hat he chewed!" Thanks' for the smiles and there can never be too many doggie pictures. All I have is feral cats; I do get some Beagle sugar from my next door neighbors dog.
    The best from over here.
    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our dog does not seem to mind cats. We have several neighbours' cats which cross into our garden and our dog just looks at them then turns to look at me. I think he expects me to chase them away.

      Best wishes always Jack and Sherry. God bless you.

      Delete
  6. Dog are complex animals, some you love and others you can't tolerate because they bark all the time and don't listen to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Bill. Some dogs are difficult to train and can be noisy. Most of them are good though.

      God bless you my friend.

      Delete
  7. I've always loved dogs and cats, Victor, but one of the reasons we have neither right now is because we want to be free to travel and not be burdened with what to do with our animals. They are also NOT cheap to care for.
    Did enjoy the chuckles today. :)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Martha. They are not cheap to care for. Especially vet fees for annual check-ups and vaccinations and insurance.

      Glad you enjoyed the smiles though. God bless always.

      Delete
  8. Lots of hilarity in this one, Victor. I agree with Martha Jane; I don't want the responsibility of caring for a pet. I like the freedom of spontaneous travel. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I understand. We have the same problem with our dog when travelling. We often take him with us.

      God bless you, Nells.

      Delete
  9. Yes, we sure do love our pets. Some get treated better than people!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your jokes are funny, i'm just sorry you have to label them as jokes.

    We have five cats now, and the reason we have five is because we do not want six!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Humour is a good thing when we need cheering up.

      God bless, Mimi.

      Delete
  11. Very funny jokes, apart from the man calling for help. Over here the dog foods are top to bottom for almost half the aisle, cat foods are top to bottom for almost half the aisle and a small section in the middle is for birds and fish. Luckily the cat food my cat likes best is at a level I can easily reach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess different supermarkets have different ways. Where do they stock the giraffe food?

      God bless, River.

      Delete
  12. Many thanks for the jokes, and I enjoyed all the doggie photographs too.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.