Saturday 15 January 2022

Helpful Advice

 

Years ago, my grandfather said to me, "Never take advice from anyone!" So I ignored him.

My other grandfather said to me, "There are two words in life which will open many doors for you, PULL and PUSH."

My other grandfather said to me, "If you walk in someone else's shoes for a mile or two, then they'll accuse you of stealing them!"

My other grandfather always used to say, "Fight Fire with Fire!" He lost his job in the Fire Brigade.

My other grandfather used to say, "Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me!" One day a dictionary fell on him from a high shelf.

My other grandfather said to me, "What does not kill you will not hurt you." I got diarrhoea.

My other grandfather said to me, "Don't worry about tomorrow. Tomorrow has already happened in Australia!"

My other grandfather asked me, "How many grandfathers have you got?" I replied, "Don't ask me, ask grandma!"

18 comments:

  1. ..I never knew my grandfathers, I've had to go it alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hardly remember my grandpa, but he would have said smile, so I am.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to smile, Jack. It makes me happy.

      God bless you and yours.

      Delete
  3. My grandfathers were already gone when I showed up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too ... I vaguely remember one grand-dad.

      God bless you, Bill.

      Delete
  4. I wish I'd known my grandfathers. No doubt they'd have had much advice to impart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they would certainly have seen how the world has changed now.

      God bless always, Mevely.

      Delete
  5. I was going to ask that same question! Is Grandma around? Can I speak to her for a moment? Perhaps all the "Grandpas" were her brothers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah ... Grandma was quite a person!

      God bless, River.

      Delete
  6. That's a lot of grandfathers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all had something to say, it seems.

      God bless, Happyone.

      Delete
  7. These are things to keep in mind, you certainly had wise ancestors.

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.