Monday 25 July 2022

Thinking Alert

 

You'd better sit down folks and take it easy. Prepare a favourite drink and try to relax, because I've been thinking. That kaleidoscope non-stop sequential random collection of thoughts suddenly came to mind out of nowhere; and so fast and furious that I had to sit down and immediately stand up again.

Who is it that casually left a knitting pack, together with sharp needles, on my favourite armchair? Why are people so careless? I could have caused myself a serious injury had it not been for the fact that I saw the packet in-between my legs as I was about to sit down. 

Now you may well ask, what was I looking for in-between my legs as I was sitting down? Well ... MYOB (mind your own business). Suffice it to say that just as well that I am not a woman wearing a dress otherwise I would not have seen the packet. So that's one advantage to being a man, I suppose. 

As I removed the packet and sat down the series of random thoughts began with the varied types of people that exist in our world - intelligent clever ones, dim dumb ones, kind ones and one's with doubtful parentage, energetic people and those lazy ones who would need help to get them to the ground if they fainted, boring people ... ... ... why are there boring people? Why did God create boring people? I guess it is because God wants you to appreciate witty people like me! I would prefer the company of myself to that of boring people.

Then ... for some reason ... my attention changed, probably distracted by an advert on TV. I have a very short attention span. One moment I'm thinking of this and ... ... ...

Where was I? Have we had dinner yet? What day is it? I like Sundays because we have Sunday roast. It isn't as good on any other day because it is cold then. 

Oh yes ... the advert on TV ... it was about a new exciting book telling people how to down-size and become minimalist. We all have so many things we don't need. So much clutter in our lives. Things we would wish to get rid off yet somehow, for some reason or other, we still keep them in our lives. Like the mother-in-law for instance. My wife insists we should be kind to her. I don't know why.

The book advises that you prepare a list of all the things in your life and divide them into groups like essentials you cannot live without, sentimental nice things you have a major attachment to, those you have a lower attachment to, and so on until you have identified those items you can get rid off.

I'm quite taken by this idea of minimalism and not having things you don't need. So I decided not to buy the book.

I started down-sizing some years ago. Furniture for example. I got rid of things like my wardrobe (armoire) where I used to keep my clothes; and used the spare space in our bedroom to store my pebbles collection, also my collection of door handles which I kept from when I used to be a door-to-door salesman selling doors, my catalogues of dust-bunnies carefully pressed amongst the pages and dated as to when they were found and where, and other knick-knacks collected through the years.

I now keep my clothes in old pillow cases each labelled as to content; like shirts, trousers, underwear, socks and so on. Not forgetting of course adding a generous dose of moth balls for safekeeping and added aroma.

Have you seen the size of moth balls lately? As big as squirrels' nuts, some of them.

The other day I picked up a pillow case and tried to pull out a shirt and the moths pulled it back shouting, "Hey ... this is ours!"

Anyway ... what was I saying? I forgot!

Who are you? What are you doing here reading my thoughts alone? Invite someone else.
 


16 comments:

  1. Let's get one thing straight before we start...God did not
    create 'boring' people...people created themselves as
    boring people..! :(.
    You can't blame the all mighty for that one..mother~in~
    laws..Yes! Boring people..No! :).
    What is it with Mother~In~Laws...I gave mine a broom
    stick when l first met her....she loved me for ever after
    that, until her demise..she was'nt allowed to take it with
    her, she was told, it would just burn up in smoke...! :).

    Victor! Victor! You collect pebbles...? Pebbles Victor...?
    Pebbles..? Victor..? You probably collect them locally..
    Just a 'stones' throw away..? :).
    AND...Door handles..door knockers l can understand...
    but door handles..hope you don't fly off on one at any
    time..! :).
    Dust Bunnies...???

    Squirrel and it's nuts..think we'll leave that one for
    now..!
    But! My home..besides the down stairs loo is very
    famous, it's been suggested that l open it to the public,
    the amount of people who knock on my door, especially
    on a Sunday afternoon is amazing...!
    I'm proud of my home, l've lived here for 44yrs now..l am
    part and partial of the roof and brickwork..even down to
    the door handles...Knock! Knock! HeHe! I'm here..! :O).

    Merry Christmas! 🎁 🎄 Ho Ho 🎅 🔔 Jingle Bells 🔔 🎶

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pebbles are from different beaches I visited over the years. The doorhandles are from when I used to sell doors. Whereas the dust bunnies just happen to happen; they just appear and it would be cruel to vacuum clean them and throw them away. So I use them as pressed flowers in a lot of books with date and place where found.

      God bless, Willie.

      Delete
  2. ...your graphic is making my eyes go buggy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That graphic is in my head ... how can you see it?

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
    2. you said: .........how to down-size and become minimalist. Yeah right. Great idea, BUT....
      Sherry & jack over here!

      Delete
    3. I understand, Jack. There's always something new that someone wants.

      God bless you and Sherry.

      Delete
  3. That graphic is mesmerizing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how the thoughts sometimes come into my mind - fast and varied. I have to write them down quick before I forget.

      God bless you, Bill.

      Delete
  4. Perhaps you can use those pillowcases for additional support. Stiff neck? Just add or subtract an article of clothing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, a good idea Mevely. If the moths would let me.

      God bless always.

      Delete
  5. That visual blew my mind, Victor! Does that make a person easy to hypnotize???
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the visual would help to hypnotise people. I never tried hypnotism. I tried reading a book about it but kept falling asleep.

      God bless, Martha.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Beautiful, don't you think?

      God bless, Happyone.

      Delete
  7. You never cease to entertain, amuse and enlighten us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always so pleased when someone smiles, Mimi. I'm glad you liked my writings today.

      God bless you and yours.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.