Monday 9 October 2023

My dog can talk

My dog can talk. I never noticed it before but he can actually talk. Unfortunately, he only talks in his sleep. 

Sometimes he lies on his side sleeping and you can see his legs twitching as if he is running and no doubt dreaming he is in the park searching for the ball or stick I threw for him to fetch. At other times he is barking softly in his sleep, no doubt saying "throw it again ... do we have to go home so early you wimp?"

A few days ago he was asleep and in between snoring he was mumbling something or other under his breath. It sounded like words as his breath rattled under his cheeks as he breathed in and out. I got down on all fours to listen carefully.

It sounded like "neeen ... neeen ..." no, wait a minute, it sounded more like "nine ... nine ..." 

I listened carefully. He moved a little and the sound was different. I quickly picked up a paper and pen and started scribbling as I lay there beside him. 

(It reminded me of the song "Lay Down Beside Me" by Don Williams - but that's another story).

Any way, as I scribbled "9"; the dog made a noise that sounded like "prrrftteen ... prrrfteen ..."  

The more I listened the more it sounded like "16". Then he let out a soft bark and went "nnnteen ... nnnn teen" which of course was "19".

It suddenly dawned on me even though it was late at night. The dog was telling me the lottery numbers.

This dog is a genius and I did not realise it. I stayed there with him all night and every so often I wrote down another number as he told me in his sleep.

My family thought I'd lost my mind. 

The next morning I rushed out and bought a lottery ticket with the exact numbers the dog had predicted ... and then I waited expectantly for the lottery numbers to be called on TV.

He got them all wrong!

22 comments:

  1. ...most of us can talk, but only a few make sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told the counsellor that my wife does not understand me. He suggested I get her a dictionary.

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE how your mind works, Victor!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is so nice to see you visiting here again, Lulu. Thank you. I hope you are keeping well.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  3. Maybe if your dog continues to practice he will get better at predicting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure he was right, just the wrong lottery. That doggie looks just like one of our former Grand dogs, Janey! She talked in her sleep too, but the rascal neve gave a lottery number. SHUCKS!
    The best sent from over here....
    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of that, Jack. The wrong lottery. I'll check the Euro Lotto in case the numbers are right there. Our dog is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier - we got him from a rescue centre. Very strong and he takes me for a walk or two every day.

      Best wishes and God bless to you and yours.

      Delete
  5. So much for a dog predicting the lottery numbers, Victor. :)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep ... totally useless at it. I'm now teaching him to write novels.

      God bless, Martha.

      Delete
  6. Lol.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, another lost chance by having the wrong numbers. Maybe a cat would be better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A cat would be good at picking those scratch cards where you reveal hidden prizes.

      God bless, Bill.

      Delete
  8. Any pup who looks that good, why I'd have believed him, too. Keep listening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a strong dog and a good companion; but bad at predicting Lottery numbers. Here's his story:

      https://timeforreflections.blogspot.com/2018/08/rescued.html

      God bless, Mevely.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for reminding me of your sweet boy's back story. With all the evil currently taking place in the world, I'm enormously appreciative.

      Delete
    3. Many thanx, Mevely. Yes, ours is a good dog, even though he is useless at predicting lottery numbers. I'm now teaching him to write the works of Shakespeare!

      God bless you and yours.

      Delete
  9. Oh well, better luck next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dog may have been dreaming about a past winning ticket. You never know with dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point, Mimi. I never thought of that.

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.