Monday 16 January 2023

I am the way ...

 

Imagine you met a man today and he said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to God except through Me." (John 14:6)

What would your reaction be? Would you just ignore him? Mock him? Or challenge him? Come on; be honest in your thoughts and answer.

Not so many years ago, a man said just that. But He was no ordinary man. This one had history. He had a reputation. He'd been around for a while and was often seen with a crowd teaching them His style of living. 

And He had a different outlook on life. Remember that at His time His land was occupied by a foreign Roman army. Instead of decrying this He preached about universal love and even loving one's enemies. This confused many people at the time ... and ever since.

He also seemed to have some supernatural powers. He healed many people who had been afflicted by many incurable diseases for years. Through His healings the blind could see, the deaf could hear, the dumb could talk and the lame could walk. He could even calm the storm at sea and walk on water. And, more spectacular than all that, He could also raise the dead. The people at the time were in awe at His power, even though perhaps they could not understand His teachings and what He was saying.

He often told people that there sins were forgiven. Now this enraged the established religious leaders who saw Him as a threat to their position. How dare He say that sins are forgiven? Only God can forgive sins.

But Jesus took things a step further. He claimed He was the Son of God. And on many occasions He went on to say:

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." (John 10:11)

"Whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it." (Mark 8:35)

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)

"I am the gate. All who come in through me will be saved." (John 10:9)

"Truly, truly, I say to you, if you ask the Father for anything in My name, He will give it to you." (John 16:23)

"Trust [Believe] in God, and trust [believe] in me" (John 14:1)

And of course the most important and memorable of His sayings, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to God except through Me." (John 14:6)

 

23 comments:

  1. ...too many have lost their way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, if it were anyone else I'd be skeptical. I don't claim to have super intuitive powers, but something tells me I'd realize he was the Real Deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Mevely, can you imagine being there, seeing this Man saying these things? "Whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it. Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

      The first instinct would be, "WOW does He really mean this? Who is this Man to say such things?"

      And witnessing His miracles first hand. What a life-changing experience.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  3. Jesus is the only way, only truth, only life.
    Blessings, Victor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm PRETTY sure I would have believed. I believe now without having seen Him!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Victor,
    Some very powerful messages and we and all the people better listen up to Him.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad He made it clear, one way. I would love to have everyone listen and heed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jesus often made His statements very clear. That is why it confused the people of the time, and also of today. Can you imagine someone today saying, "I am the Son of God"? Or, "I am the good shepherd, come to me, ask in my name and it shall be done"? What would our reaction be ... today?

      God bless, Mimi.

      Delete
    2. I typed up a reply, but now i don't see it, so i'll try again.

      If someone said that today, i hope i would quietly watch to see if the actions matched the words.

      If the actions of that person matched the words, and the person really could perform miracles, i hope it would be Jesus come back to rule and i would lovingly submit to His rule.

      If the actions did not match and the person could not perform miracles, i hope i would be patient and kind to someone who was obviously delusional.

      Delete
    3. You make a good point, Mimi. Yes, we would judge by the person's actions; but you can see why Jesus confused people by what He said. He claimed He was/is the Son of God.

      God bless.

      Delete
  7. Thank you for posting these promises about love and forgiveness. I needed to read them again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you believe, you won't have a problem knowing God is the real deal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful image you've used for your post.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan. See this:
      https://www.saint-faustina.org/image/

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.