Tuesday 17 January 2023

Imagine

 

Funny thing the imagination isn't it? You just sit there, or lie down, and you are imagining things. You're imagining what could have been, or what will be if ... You know ... you think back to different times or situations in your life, people you've met and places you've been to ... and you imagine.

Are you following where I'm going with this train of thoughts?

I'm told I've always had a vivid imagination. I can't imagine why. But somehow it's true ... I have always had various scenarios playing out in my head.

Some people, when young, had imaginary friends. Some people imagine a Teddy Bear or some other animal like a pink unicorn as an imaginary friend. And their parents go along with the fantasy by having an extra place at the table for the imaginary friend. They say, or claim, it helps develop the child's brain activity. 

Some people have "real" imaginary friends. A doll for example, or an action man toy, or a Teddy bear, or other cuddly animal; they suddenly take real life in their minds and becomes an imaginary friend. Children have their toy sitting next to them at table, or tucked in bed with them. And they get so distressed if ever the toy is lost.

I was always aware of the distress a lost toy would cause a child; so I never bought any for my children. Saved me a lot of money too.

Have you any imaginary friends? 

21 comments:

  1. ..."Imagine," what a great title for a song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ... here's a new version:
      https://timeforreflections.blogspot.com/2020/06/imagine.html

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. you are funny, kids should have toys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The money I saved paid for my golf clubs!!!

      God bless, Christine.

      Delete
  3. Imagination, like money, is a good servant and a bad master.

    Throwing scary possibilities for the future on the screen of the imagination leads to fear and anxiety about a future that will probably never happen. Think about it, whenever you imagine a scary future, aren't you imagining being there without The Lord in the scene to offer help and comfort?

    Using imagination to dream good things for the future leads us toward good things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I imagine a scary future the mother-in-law comes to visit.

      God bless, Mimi.

      Delete
  4. Kids and toys go together, it's helps with imagination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do get the kids to pull the golf trolley for me - it's a toy, Bill.

      God bless.

      Delete
  5. Yes, just imagine! Throughout my school years I was roundly chastised for daydreaming. I was never especially fond of dolls, stuffed animals ..... or invisible playmates. Aside from my little dogs, my BFF is the Holy Spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand, Mevely. These days I seem to be thinking all the time; I suppose it's daydreaming, but mostly it gives me ideas for my writings.

      I agree about the Holy Spirit. I sure need Him now.

      God bless.

      Delete
  6. Re-reading, my first few sentences seem almost contradictory. I should have added, my daydreams always centered around places I wanted to go; what I wanted to be when I grew up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing wrong with daydreaming about the future and what you would do or where you would go. I used to lie in bed and watch the stars in the sky and dream to myself: "One day, I'll fix this hole in the roof!"

      Keep smiling Mevely. God bless you.

      Delete
  7. I don't know where I'd be if I didn't have my special toys that I imagined could carry on a conversation. Lots of that early play definitely shaped me as a future writer.
    Blessings, Victor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of children talk to their toys. I used to play chess with my Teddy bear. He was useless; I always won.
      I bet you had a lot of fun talking with your toys, Martha.

      God bless.

      Delete
  8. When little I would talk to my stuffed animals but never carried a certain one around with me everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Imagination isn't always a bad thing :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I imagine you are right Jan. Keep smiling.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  10. Dearest Victor,
    No, never had any imaginary friends or toys...
    Love the real friends and even treasure the ones we 'had'...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.