Saturday 28 January 2023

Wedding Anniversary Blues

 

It was our first Wedding Anniversary. And I forgot it was our first Wedding Anniversary ... ... ...

MEN: If you want to always remember your Wedding Anniversary try forgetting it once; from then on your wife will make sure you remember it.

So I forgot our Anniversary. After work my work mates and I went to the pub. I was told most real business is carried out in the pub around the pool table or the dart board. So we discussed various works contracts, then we talked politics, and football, and we put the world to right, and tried various beers and then liquors and at about 11:00 o'clock my mates put me in a taxi and pointed in the right direction home.

I did not know that my wife had planned a surprise First Wedding Anniversary Party. I mean ... how was I to know there was a surprise party if she had not told me there would be one? What's more, she had invited her parents who had driven over 60 miles to be with us that evening. Now, that's a surprise ... who ever invites the in-laws to a surprise Wedding Anniversary Party? 

I arrived home in the taxi to find out that they had the Anniversary Party without me. That's hardly conducive to a nice evening ahead is it?

All I remember after so many drinks is that I put the cat out and went up to bed.

The next morning I realised that we do not have a cat.

I had put the mother-in-law out who at the time was wearing a fur coat. I don't even remember seeing father-in-law. As usual he was like a wet lettuce all hen-pecked and ordered about by his monster of a wife.

Not like me ... I am the master of my house ... if my wife lets me!

23 comments:

  1. ...this is something that rarely happens to me after 54 years,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? You never put the cat out at night?

      God bless you and your family, Tom.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes ... memories never forgotten.

      God bless, Kathy.

      Delete
  3. Dearest Victor,
    OOPS! That was bad...
    That image is also quite 'cold'.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cartoon is hysterical! Thanks for the laugh this morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked the cartoon I did for this post, Mevely. That's exactly how it was that Anniversary. I did get the balloons ready ... but to no avail. She gave me the silent treatment for throwing her mother out. All I did is grab the fur coat from the back of the neck, and the backside and pushed her out. I really thought it was a giant cat.

      God bless.

      Delete
  5. You do NOT want to forget an anniversary ever!!!
    Blessings, Victor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ... I have learnt from that experience, Martha.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  6. You better tie a string around your finger next time so you don't forget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too many things to remember; Anniversary, birthdays, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Easter, Christmas ... oh and Halloween when mother-in-law visits on a broomstick.

      God bless, Bill.

      Delete
  7. Our anniversary is coming up in a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Anniversary to you and Ken, Happyone. Best wishes always. God bless you both.

      Delete
  8. Best not to forget an anniversary or birthday!

    Wishing you a good weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's now imprinted on my mind.

      God bless, Jan.

      Delete
  9. Next time, get married on a holiday like Valentine's Day or the Summer Bank Holiday. You don't forget holidays, so you won't forget the anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope your mother in law has a sense of humour Victor - as you have. 🙀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has a sense of fear and terror in everyone she meets. When she visits the mice throw themselves on the mousetraps.

      God bless, Brenda.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.