Friday 20 January 2023

Sayings and Truisms

 

There are so many sayings and truisms, (or semi-truisms), which people often quote to make an obvious point. Like, "Take one day at a time", as if it is possible to take all the days together.

I have prepared a list of such sayings which you might find useful to add to your conversation at your next party or gathering.

You are unique and one of a kind in inducing boredom

Your life can be what you want it to be as long as you leave me alone

Stop, Listen and then Act the fool

Within you are so many answers, all wrong

Make Timely Decisions some other time

Do not compare yourself with others; they are better than you

Life is full of choices; one of them is to keep your distance from me

What you don't like, others may also not like; I don't like you

Your thoughts are things; so keep them to yourself

Remember that a little everyday will get you nowhere

Rome was not built in a day; because I was not the building contractor

To thine own self be true; boring as you are

That which does not kill us makes us stronger; except diarrhoea

Be the change you wish to see in the world; like clean underwear

Breathe in courage, breathe out wind, break wind often

This too shall pass, with a good laxative

Hold your head up ... ... ...

23 comments:

  1. ...quite a collection of "one liners!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They help keep people away from me at parties.

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
  2. Dearest Victor,
    You managed to publish quite a list of said sayings and added your own 'stinky' truism 🤓
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I'm so popular amongst very few friends, Mariette.

      God bless.

      Delete
    2. Perfect as you don't need that many! Why try to be popular?!

      Delete
  3. Definitely some good ones here. Will I remember them at an appropriate time? Probably not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Copy them on your cellphone and then at parties pretend to check your text messages, Kathy.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. Got a big laugh out of these, Victor!

    My fav:

    "Within you are so many answers, all wrong"

    😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I made you smile, Sandi. Another favourite I use is: "I would love to agree with you but then we'd be both wrong!" That usually shuts the other person up at parties. I'm so glad when people avoid me.

      God bless you my friend.

      Delete
  5. Great blast from the past, that song!
    Like my father, I've always enjoyed bathroom humor. Thanks for the chuckles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, a great song with a powerful message. I'm so glad you enjoyed it, and also my new slogans to use at parties.

      Keep smiling, Mevely. God bless you and your family.

      Delete
  6. You got the one liners down, when are the two lines expected to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't afford two-liners with inflation being what it is.

      God bless, Bill.

      Delete
  7. Some of the best one-liners I've ever read, Victor. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha. I thought I would adapt some often used truisms. Trying to make them more relevant to what I truly believe. For example, I so dislike the saying, "Never leave for tomorrow what you can do today!"

      It doesn't work for me. I find if I leave something for tomorrow my wife will do it anyway. So you see, it was worth leaving it after all1 (Joke).

      God bless and keep smiling.

      Delete
  8. A collection of great one liners. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A good collection here Victor :)

    Happy Weekend Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Your life can be what you want it to be as long as you leave me alone" -- i may borrow that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. This one helps keep people away from me.

      God bless you.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.