Wednesday 31 May 2023

WARNING - Do not read this.

 

 

WARNING 

This article will make you think and may well change your mind. 

Read no further if you do not wish to be affected.

 Imagine you were omnipotent. You had supernatural powers and you could do anything you like. You could be anywhere you wanted by just thinking it. Your very thoughts controlled all your actions.

What would you do?

Would you sort out all the ills in the world? Eliminate poverty? Stop evil doings? Stop disasters like earthquakes, droughts, famines, tornadoes and so on?

Would you find a cure to cancer and all other terrible diseases? 

What else would you do with your new-found power? Would you let someone you like fall in love with you? Would you make someone change their ways from doing something wrong to going the right way?

If you miss someone dearly, a loved one, would you bring them back from the dead?

Think about it for a moment. You are omnipotent. You can do what you want. What would you do?

Now let's think some more. 

By doing some of these things we mentioned, are you really imposing your will on someone else? Often, when bad things happen it is because people made them happen. Poverty, droughts, famines and so on. It was once said that someone's sunshine and good weather can be a drought for a farmer. Or the farmer's rain can be a flood for someone else.

If you made someone love you, is that really true love or control on your part?

If you bring a dear one from the dead are you imposing your will on them? Maybe they don't want to be brought back into this world as it presently is.

With power, omnipotent power, comes responsibility.

God/Jesus is/are omnipotent. They can do all the things we've discussed and more besides. But they don't. 

Jesus did heal the sick, and help the poor, and even raised people from the dead. But every time He performed a miracle it was at the request of someone else in need. At no time did He impose His will on others. 

God can stop all bad things in the world from happening, but He does not do so. He allows them to happen. Why? It is because He does not want to impose His will upon us; even though we may pray daily "Thy will be done". He responds, "Yes, but I am also aware of your will too!"

Even when He decreed that Jesus would be born as a human, He asked Mary for her permission first.

People often confuse God's omnipotent power and our gift of free-will. God can influence people to His ways, but at all times He leaves the final choice to us and will not impose His will. We always have a choice to walk away, to say "no" and to turn the other way. Even to the point of denying His very existence.

Adam and Eve's sin was not one of disobedience. It was one of wanting omnipotence and power. To be like God.

16 comments:

  1. ...reading and thinking are in style these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK ... but are people taking it to heart?

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
  2. It amazes me what you posted, because this has actually been on my mind.

    Some people have said, if God is a loving God, then why does He send some people to hell.

    My response to that, is that God does not send anyone to hell. They have chosen to go there by not accepting Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it right, Lon The gates of hell are locked from the inside.

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. We can't play God like he's a character in a movie so why would you want to omnipotent. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love that power and abuse it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, Bill. Many people would love to have omnipotent power. Adam and Eve tried it. Many people today are behaving the same way.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  4. "...imposing your will on someone else?" Whoa. That stopped me in my tracks. No, I don't think I'd want that sort of responsibility. Thank you, God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, it is happening all the time, Mevely. Many are imposing their wills on others less fortunate than themselves.

      God bless you my friend.

      Delete
  5. I like God's way better than my way - after all He created everything and while in this body I do not know or perhaps understand all of His glory, I do trust that He can be trusted. Sure there have been times of grief where I have not understood, or wanted to. But given time, I am understanding more. I say, Let God be God. He is worthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said, Debby. We should let our God reign and learn to trust Him more. Many people still do not understand that; and want to be gods themselves.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  6. Even though He does have power over us all, the very fact that God chooses to allow us free will says it all. He graciously allows us to make mistakes and, hopefully, learn from them so that we will be about His business in the future. I would never, ever want that power or responsibility, Victor. It's enough to simply be responsible for myself and my choices. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point, Martha. Although God is omnipotent, He holds back on using His power in order to grant us free-will.

      God bless.

      Delete
  7. Okay I read anyway. I'm sorry. No I am not either. LOL VEry deep thoughts and right now if I could I would definitely change something. LOL. But then I guess that is the way we are. We would change things daily that we could to satisfy our own selves and think we are not bothering anyone else, of course.
    Anyway I ain't going further.. ...... I may get IN trouble.
    Love you dude.
    Sherry & jack tired on this side.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear you are tired, Jack. Remember what Christ said, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28.

      Praying for you.

      You are right, if we could, we would probably change things to satisfy ourselves.

      God bless.

      Delete
  8. Yes, He can prevent any bad thing from happening, if He overrides the will of those to whom He gave freedom to choose.

    In fact, i think most people who are mad at Him or don't want to bother believing want to say, "Hey, Lord, let me have my way and don't thwart my will, but those people over there, the ones who do anything I don't like, interfere with them, okay?"

    He has a bigger plan.

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.