Tuesday 9 May 2023

Who reads my diary?

 

Dear Diary,

Here I am banished to the cellar for a while until my wife cools off a bit. It all started when she said she wanted some peace and quiet whilst she does the cooking. So I took the batteries off the smoke alarms. No sense of humour, I guess! 

We live in an old Victorian house, hence the cellar. The house is supposed to be haunted but we've never seen a ghost. I guess he's afraid of my wife.

Funny thing cooking ... some would say that cooking is preparing raw food, cleaning it, putting it in a pan or oven with other ingredients and actually check it every so often until it is ready to eat. Others see cooking as opening a can of beans on some toast. Or heating a tin of soup. I wonder, do illiterate people get the full benefit of alphabet soup? I used to love alphabet pasta with tomato sauce when I was a child. When my parents discovered I was dyslexic they gave me spaghetti instead.

One of my favourite memories as a kid was when my brothers used to put me inside a tire and roll me down a hill. They were Goodyears!

Life was different back then. I grew up in a religious household. I used to pray and ask God for a bicycle. But none came. So I stole one and asked God to forgive me instead! 

Ha ... glad to see I haven't lost my sense of humour. Unlike her in the kitchen practising cremation. 

Life is different these days and it is difficult raising children. I've spent a fortune child-proofing our house. But the kids still get in somehow. I've got to be kind to them though. They'll be the ones to choose a senior home for me some day.

Life isn't that bad really. My wife and I are happy. We were trapeze artists in a circus. We met on the net. 

She likes going to parties. Me ... not so much. In parties there are usually two kinds of people. Those who want to go home and those who don't. The trouble is we are married to each other! So I stay under sufferance and make small talk with the ladies. I usually compliment them on their lovely shoes ... that's because I'm lying on the floor drunk!

Looking around here ... I really need to tidy up this cellar. I can see in that corner my step ladder. I never knew my real ladder. I wonder where it is. Reaching some heights no doubt.

I wish I was clever and could invent things and be famous. My grand-dad invented the cold air balloon but it did not really take off. My other grand-dad was a biologist. He tried to cross a shark with a cow. He got killed when he tried to milk it. 

My first job was as a photographer. My career was a bit of a blur.     

Better go upstairs now. Dinner's ready. I bet the dog will enjoy it.


21 comments:

  1. ...Victor, you have an interesting mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all true I tell you ... honest ...

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
  2. I threw out all my old journals / diaries a few months ago. I won't miss them a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some books are difficult to throw away. Like my book about boomerangs.

      God bless, Linda.

      Delete
    2. Linda, I did that same thing last year, but I burned mine. :)

      Delete
  3. I am afraid at times your bran wanders in too many directions. I hope it returns in good shape.
    Thanks for the prayers.
    sherry & jack in the Florida sunshine on this side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I made you smile Jack and Sherry. Send us some sunshine. It is raining non-stop here. People have got webbed-feet.

      God bless and prayers.

      Delete
  4. LOLOLOL! I probably shouldn't laugh so hard at 'practicing cremation' ... but it feels so good! Great feel-good post; in fact, I'm going to read it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to laugh, Mevely. I wrote this post to cheer me up a little. Got to see the doctor this week. Poor chap is not feeling well. It seems he has difficulties passing water. He gets dizzy whenever he crosses a river.

      God bless.

      Delete
  5. Yes, Victor, this definitely put a smile on my face! Oh, the adventures you've had and continue to have.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When life is an adventure laugh at it.

      Can't remember who first said this. Probably me.

      God bless, Martha.

      Delete
  6. "Those were Goodyears". Humour at its best, Victor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bill. I'm so pleased you liked this.

      God bless.

      Delete
  7. Well done Victor, I enjoyed the read.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heeheehee! Some people just should not cook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You tell that to my wife and you'll go to the cellar.

      God bless, Mimi.

      Delete
  9. ... now I'm amused. Thanks very much. I love dry humor.
    And the scales fall from my eyes. You also write short stories that have an impact...
    too bad my english isn't so good that i could read a book - i'm working on it, but it will take time -
    I wish you a happy evening and send you a warm greeting.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased you like my humour Barwitzki. Thank you for telling me so.

      Your English is perfect. If you wish to read humourous stories of mine CLICK on GIGGLES AND FUN right at the top of this page.

      Also, you can download humourous books of mine FREE from www.holyvisions.co.uk

      God bless you.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.