Tuesday 23 May 2023

Were you there when it happened?

 

My grandfather was there and he tried to warn them about the Titanic. He screamed and shouted about the iceberg and how the ship was going to sink, but all they did was throw him out of the cinema.  

I was there when Barry Manilow gave an open-air concert in England. I'd managed to get hold of two rare tickets and took a young lady who liked him very much at the time. I remember the loudspeakers were too noisy and they did disturb my sleep.

I was also there when Elvis Presley met my milkman. It was in London. A group of us went to this up-market hotel for a business conference. As we tried to get in, some security people stopped us on the side-walk and said Elvis was coming out to leave in his limousine. Just then, a milk delivery van drew up outside the hotel. I recognised our milkman and he recognised me. I was surprised to see him since we lived in Scotland at the time. He must have had a big deliver route from Scotland to London.

Moments later Elvis got out of the hotel. He walked to the milkman and greeted him. He bought a bottle of milk and said, "I'm all shook up"; and was driven away in his limousine. 

Another event I was at last week is when my wife incinerated our Sunday roast. Burnt to a cinder it was. I don't blame her really. She learnt cooking at the local iron smelting foundry. She makes toast for the workers by shovelling slices of bread in the furnace.

Any momentous occasion you have been at?

10 comments:

  1. ...I must have been asleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You missed a lot of great moments, Tom.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. Giggling at your reference to Barry Manilow. I don't know that Tom would concur but seeing him perform was one of the highlights of my life. I'm sure there are more -- but I can't remember if they actually occurred, or I dreamt them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was certainly a highlight for the young lady I took to the open-air Manilow concert. It was a good evening and the concert finished very late. But I'm not too keen on being in an open field with thousands of people and surrounded with loudspeakers.

      God bless you and Tom, Mevely.

      Delete
  3. So Elvis did leave the building to talk to a milkman, how funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just as well he did not meet the postman or else he would have told him to return to sender.

      God bless, Bill.

      Delete
  4. Your sense of humor is certainly quirky and unique, Victor. That's a compliment, by the way. :)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for appreciating my sense of humour, Martha. It sometimes got me in trouble at work.

      God bless you and yours.

      Delete
  5. Heeheehee! Funny stuff. No, I haven't been there at anything more momentous than my own wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed my humour, Mimi. Weddings are certainly momentous occasions.

      God bless you and your family.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.