Saturday 25 November 2023

Proclaiming one's Faith

 

Look folks, I find it difficult writing these posts without sounding preachy, holier than thou, and often repetitive. This is predominantly a Christian Blog and from time to time I feel it necessary to write something about God' Good News. In effect, this Blog is an extension, or a sequel, to a radio program I used to present called "Time For Reflections".

The fact that it is sometimes repetitive is because there's only one message from God. And it is worth repeating. If I were to change it, or add my gloss on it, then it would not be God's Good News but something else totally wrong.

If you are honest with yourself, and look back on your life, there will be at least one event or situation where God intervened for the good in your life. Think about it. There's been an occasion or more where you made a decision, or something happened, that changed the course of your life. That's when God was there for you.

No matter who you are, whether you are a Christian or not, whether you believe in God or not; the reality is that He was there for you when you needed Him most; whether you realise it or not.

It is important to remember such events because they will sustain us in future when we meet with other obstacles which may challenge or dent our Faith. It is when we are tired and weak that the devil steps in to tempt us away from God and to derail our Faith in Him. These are the times to remember past events when He saved us from dire situations.

We've all had difficult times in life. I know I've had quite a few. As well as marking them as beacons of God's loving interventions we should also use them as an opportunity to proclaim His eternal love for us in our lives. Our witness may well be the trigger for someone else to be led to believe.

17 comments:

  1. ...some days are easier than others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living one's faith is proclaiming one's faith. I enjoy it when you become preachy at times. LOL There is ONE message and we should pay attention. I enjoy SEEING Christ in someone.. I see HIM in your writing, even the comical at times.
    Love from here
    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you once again Jack and Sherry for being so kind to me and commenting about my writings - even the comical ones. God's message of Good News is for everyone and it is our responsibility to share it as Christ asked us to.

      And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. Whoever believes and is baptised will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned." Mark 16:15-16

      God bless you always.

      Delete
  3. I love these types of posts, Victor! We absolutely need to spread the good news of God's mercy and saving grace to all people. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is both our duty and responsibility to do so, Martha. He'll remind us of it.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. When I need some assurance, I think back to the incidents that I know God had a role in strengthing my faith in him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Bill. He was always there for you; and still is,

      God bless you.

      Delete
  5. It's possible to show Christianity at work without sounding preachy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A resounding "Yes!" to Paragraph #3. "We are weak, but He is strong. Yes, Jesus loves me!"
    I'm so glad you wrote about this today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support, Mevely. God is with us at all times in our lives; even when we don't know it.

      God bless you and your family.

      Delete
  7. I look back and see many times God was there for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. There have been times I should not have survived, but God made sure I did and I've written about them. He's there, and He makes sure we have no excuse to say we didn't know it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, He is always there. We know it often and should speak out about it - that's witnessing.

      God bless, Mimi.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.