Sunday 19 November 2023

Talents

 

I read in an old magazine that men will become extinct in some thousand years’ time because there is something wrong with their Y chromosome. I don’t claim to have understood the article but the fact is men will become extinct.

This is terrible news. If men became extinct then who will catch the spiders when they fall in the bath?

Men have a special talent for that sort of thing.

Jesus tells us a story about talents. You can read it in Matthew 25:14.

It’s about a rich man who gives his servants different sums of money depending on their ability. A while later he checks on them, and finds that two servants had invested the money and earned more. The third servant however had hid the money and it did not grow one penny.

Obviously the rich man was very disappointed with the servant who had not used the money to earn more.

The moral of this story is that we all have talents for something or other. Music, sport, business or whatever.

What is your talent in life? Are you using it to the Glory of God?

16 comments:

  1. ...we all have talents, but some don't use theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder to do a better job of offering my strengths up to God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have talents and we have to make sure they are out there for others to see and share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can all do something for the Lord. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great question! I don't think I've any noteworthy talent. Perhaps just being a careful listener, and remembering to keep my mouth shut when appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mevely, you are a gift to other people. To your husband, your children and your family. You are a gift to all your friends and acquaintances. Sometimes by what you say or do helps someone else.

      We are all gifts to each other. God created us with talents; and sometimes our only talent is by just being there for others.

      God bless.

      Delete
  6. Our pastor read that Gospel today, Victor, and preached on that very topic in a way I'd never heard before. He suggested that God wants us to take risks in His name, especially when it comes to spreading the Good News about Jesus. I loved it!
    Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the reading in our church too today. And your pastor is right. God wants us to stand out in faith, in risk, to preach His Good News to the world.

      God bless you, Martha.

      Delete
  7. We are still looking for my Talents. I know I have at least one, but it is illusive!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good one, Jack. I like it. You have so many talents you are a treasure.

      God bless you always and your family.

      Delete
  8. If scrubbing is a talent, then I'm trying to use it right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your kindness glows wherever you go, Mimi.

      God bless always.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.