Monday 20 November 2023

The Bus Of Jokes

 


A woman's closet door was making terrible sounds whenever a bus was crossing the street outside, so she called a carpenter to check it out.

The carpenter comes to see what's the problem but sees nothing. Right then a bus is crossing the street and a loud creaking sound is heard coming from the closet. He can't believe it, so strange. "Hmmm..." says the carpenter to the wife.

"How unusual. Perhaps if I sit inside before the next bus comes I can see what's making such a noise inside." The wife thinks it's a good idea. The carpenter goes inside the closet and gets comfortable, looking at the wood.

A few minutes later the husband arrives home. While the wife is in the bathroom, he goes into the bedroom and opens the closet. To his shock, there's a man sitting inside! He throws a look to the bathroom, and then slowly turns his face to the carpenter with murder in his eyes.

"What the heck are you doing in MY HOUSE, in MY CLOSET?" he growls ominously.

"Ah, well..." the carpenter swallows nervously. "Would you believe me if I told you I'm waiting for the bus?"

=====================      

This is a story about a newly-wed couple who had only been married for two weeks. The husband, although very much in love, couldn't wait to go out on the town and party with his old buddies. So, he said to his new wife,

"Honey, I'll be right back."

"Where are you going, coochy cooh?" asked the wife.

"I'm going to the bar, pretty face. I'm going to have a beer."

The wife said, "You want a beer, my love?" She opened the door to the refrigerator and showed him 25 different kinds of beer brands from 12 different countries: Germany, Holland, Japan, India - they had it all.

The husband didn't know what to do, and the only thing that he could think of saying was, "Yes, lolly pop...but at the bar...you know...they have frozen glasses..."

He didn't get to finish the sentence, because the wife interrupted him by saying, "You want a frozen glass, puppy face?" She took a huge beer mug out of the freezer, so frozen that she was getting chills just holding it.

The husband, looking a bit pale, said, "Yes, tootsie roll, but at the Bar they have those hors d'oeuvres that are really delicious... I won't be long, I promise. OK?"

You want hors d'oeuvres, poochi pooh?" She opened the oven and took out five dishes of different hors d'oeuvres: chicken wings, pigs in blankets, mushroom caps, pork strips, etc.

The husband tries once again. "But my sweet honey... At the bar... You know...there's swearing, dirty words and all that..."

"You want dirty words, sweetie pie? Smiled the wife. "Then drink your bloody beer in your darn frozen mug and eat your stupid snacks, because you are married now, and you aren't going anywhere! Got it, moron?"

=====================   

A man came to see his family doctor.

The man told his doctor that he wasn't able to do all the things around the house that he used to do. When the examination was complete, he said: "Now, Doc, I can take it. Tell me in plain English what is wrong with me."

"Well, in plain English," the doctor replied, "you're just lazy."

"Okay," said the man. "Now give me the medical term so I can tell my wife."

=====================    

A man spent all his life alone, finding no love. At age 96, he dies and goes to heaven. At the same time, a woman spent all her life alone, finding no love. At age 102, she dies and goes to heaven.

As chance has it, they both meet at the heavenly library, discovering they both have a deep love for books, they start talking and amazingly enough, after a lifetime of unhappiness, fall in love.

They walk up to God and ask to be married. "Give me some time," Says God, "and I’ll get back to you. This is quite extraordinary." Four years pass, and after the couple waited patiently, God finally tells the man and woman that He can have them married.

A few centuries pass and the man and woman fall out of love. They approach God once more and this time they ask, sadly, for a divorce.

God responds: “It took me four years to find a priest in this place. How long do you think it’ll take me to find a lawyer?!”

===================== 

A husband and wife were dining at a 5-star restaurant. When their food arrived, the husband said: “Our food has arrived! Let’s eat!”

His wife reminded him: “Honey, you always say your prayers at home before your dinner!”

Her husband replied: “That’s at home, my dear. Here the chef knows how to cook!”

16 comments:

  1. ...Victor, thanks for the chuckles this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the laughs HONEY POT!
    i WAS REMEINDED OF THE KID that started eating at grandmas house without praying. BUT mama this is Granny's house this food is already blessed....
    Love from over here so stay home and drink the darned beer!!!
    Sherry & jack smiling even when it hurts.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I made you laugh, Jack and Sherry. I'll drink a beer or two to that. God bless always.

      Delete
  3. These were laugh-out-loud funny, Victor! Thanks for putting lots of cheer in my day.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed today's offerings, Martha. We all need a little cheering up every now and then. It encourages me to post more like this.

      God bless you and your family.

      Delete
  4. LOL, thanks for all the laughs and there were quite a few of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanx my friend. Laughter is good.

      God bless, Bill.

      Delete
  5. Hahahaha .... this is just what we readers need on a Monday morning! That carpenter caught in the closet nearly made me spit out my coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to laugh, Mevely. I'll try to post more light-hearted things here to cheer us all up in this difficult world. I'll try at least one a week.

      God bless you and yours, Mevely.

      Delete
  6. Good ones! thanks for the laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you find a medical word for lazy, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.