Friday 16 June 2023

1 Corinthians 6:3

 

This is primarily a Christian Blog, although I do from time to time post humourous articles to amuse myself and my readers, and to attract new ones.

As a Christian community, we are here to support each other, and to learn from each other by asking questions and exchanging views and opinions. However, at this point, I must stress that I am not a priest, vicar, minister or whatever else. Just an ordinary person with personal opinion.

Recently, SANDI asked me about 1 Corinthians 6:3 where Paul writes:

6:1 If any of you has a grievance against another, how dare he go to law before the unrighteous instead of before the saints! 2 Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? 3Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!

On the face of it, Paul is saying why go in front of a judge when you can go before the saints. In the Bible, "saints" means God's Holy people. Christian people to use the modern equivalent. People who believe, love and obey God. Like you and me ... 

So we, at the end of the world, will be judges on those who do not believe, love and obey God. 

And if we are worthy of such an honour by God, then we are surely competent to judge trivial worldly cases instead of going to the Courts and judges.

Then he adds, that we will also judge angels.

In here, I believe Paul means we will also judge the fallen angels. Those who rebelled against God and left paradise. Satan and his devils, the evil spirits who roam the world trying to take us away from God.  

What do you think?

Also read HERE.

21 comments:

  1. ...you can judge me if you wish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll leave that to God.

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
    2. Tom, did you say that because you know Victor would forgive you? If so, there is no greater compliment. Best to choose a forgiving man as a judge, if you have to choose one. But I prefer Victor's statement, "I'll leave that to God."

      Delete
    3. Sandi,

      I'll never forgive myself for forgetting to put sugar in the cake I baked. It tasted like bread. The dog enjoyed it though.

      God bless.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. A sobering thought. We will judge these beings who tormented us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I understand it, Sandi. These evil spirits, (Satan and his devils), have already been judged by God and defeated by Christ. In the last days we shall be witnesses to these judgements once again.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  3. I'll admit, Corinthians 6 is difficult to wrap my mind around. As ever, I appreciate you explaining it in an understandable manner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mevely.

      This is as I understand it. God has already judged Satan when he rebelled and He let him leave Heaven with his followers.

      God had to allow Satan his freedom because of the gift He gave all of us - free will. He gave that gift not only to us, you and me, but also to the Angels; including those who rebelled like Satan and the devils.

      God let the evil spirits leave to spread trouble and temptations throughout the world. To have done differently would have meant God interfering with our free will.

      God even allowed Satan to tempt Jesus several times. Jesus fought temptation. Can we?

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. Even when you feel bad, it is good to try to smile. You did bring a smile just posting the scripture. Our denomination once split way back in 1920. They went to court. Looking back I must smile, Christian men, church leaders, who IGNORED basic scripture of how to settle disputes, I shake my head leaders who expect the followers to follow scripture, BUT they cannot. LOL.
    I remember my dad's admonishment, it is hard to judge your brother as you kneel together in worship of your Savior.

    I still think you missed your calling, better pray about that. ;-) I am glad we met, I wish I were making another trip your direction...... I might still do that, I want Sherry to visit Piccadilly Circus and to see the changing of the guard.
    But for now, we appreciate your prayers......
    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind and generous to me, Jack. Thank you so much. I may not be a priest, but at least I hope what I write here and in my books may help someone somewhere. I just ask God to make sure whoever needs to read me, does so.

      As for coming over to the UK. I really wish we could meet. Please let me know if you ever decide to come over.

      Praying for you always, and your family. God bless, my friends.

      Delete
  5. God will work it all out the way he wants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're fun when you're funny, and very thoughtful and wise when you're serious. Thanks for keeping it real, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. I need humour in my life.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  7. I really appreciated your view of these verses, Victor. That is definitely something to contemplate!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha.

      In reality, the devil and his evil spirits have already been judged. We shall witness their eventual fate - which they chose freely. That bit is important.

      God bless.

      Delete
  8. thecontemplativecat here. I will have to think about our role (Saints?) in judging. I am not worthy to judge anyone. God has that right.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agreed. Those who love The Lord will stand in agreement with Him as the Evil One and his minions are judged guilty and punished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, there's a difference between being judgmental and using wise judgment. We are expected to do the latter, thus making us capable of fairly deciding legal matters among ourselves, as i think was Paul's objective.

      Delete
    2. I agree, Mimi. We are not being judgemental but stand as witness with God as He deals with those who have defied Him.

      God bless always.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.