Wednesday 14 June 2023

Advice Please

 

I am guessing that most of you have a fence in the back garden separating your place from the neighbours'. Over here, fences are usually made of wood and are about six feet high, thus providing visual privacy and also stopping your pets from running into other peoples' property. Although I noticed it has not stopped cats coming into my garden.

Anyway, I need your advice.

What would you do if you went in your garden and found a dead pigeon? Would you throw him over the fence into your neighbour's or would you bury it? It's not as if it was a beloved pet, is it?

What if it was a dead fish? One of your fish is found floating on the surface of your pond dead. Would you throw him over the fence or bury him with the family standing all around?

What if it was one of your pets? A hamster, gerbil, rabbit or cat? Or even a cat that does not belong to you is found dead in your garden. What would you do?

Or what if it was your dog that died?

The reason I am asking this is because our horse has died and he is too heavy to lift over the six feet high fence.

He was one of a set of six I use when playing polo. Yesterday we played water polo and he drowned. 

What do I do?

20 comments:

  1. ...Victor, you need to slow your mind down a bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all true I tell you. Now I have a dead horse stuck half-way up a fence.

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
  2. We have communal "green" refuse. That's where all our dead critters go. But a horse would have to be cut up to fit into the small green bags, we're supposed to use, so maybe putting it over the fence is the better part of wisdom after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make a good point, Charlotte. Over the fence is the best way.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  3. I may have more empathy for a deceased animal than I do some humans. So yes, I'd give it a nice burial in the back -- provided someone else would touch the remains. (lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a very big hole in which to bury a horse, Mevely. Usually, we flush a dead fish down the toilet. We tried with the horse but he was too heavy to carry indoors.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. I'm just smiling at Mev's comment. I am worn out so I cannot dig for youl But To save all this trouble hindsight of course, you should have done mouth to horse resusgtation and saved youall this worry. BUT, but I also completely agree withTOM!

    Sherry & jack beat.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DID try mouth to horse resuscitation, Jack. But I nearly drowned myself under water.

      Hoping you and yours are keeping well. God bless always.

      Delete
  5. If you decide to throw the dead horse over the fence I suggest you first cut it into smaller parts to make it easier :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess you should starting digging, it will take awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, burying him will take a long while.

      God bless, Bill.

      Delete
  7. Victor, the scenarios your imagination kick up never cease to astound me. :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am guessing you don't believe me, Martha.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  8. How about find out if you have a pet cemetery in your area, it would save you having to dig the hole, just pay for it to be buried there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG that's sad. I'd say bury it but since it's a big heavy animal, of course you'll be needing help.

    We've had a lot of dogs that died but I never buried them myself. It's always my mom. It's just too heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We always had pet funerals under an oak tree in our backyard. I remember youngest eulogizing, "He was a good fish."

    In your case though, definitely chuck that thing over the fence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you agree with me, Sandi. Chuck it over the fence. It is the Christian neighbourly thing to do.

      Keep smiling. God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.