Wednesday 28 June 2023

Feelings

 

There's a great difference between feelings and actions. We may feel certain emotions as a result of certain events, but the way we react to them is up to us - our actions.

Take forgiveness for instance. It is not just a feeling. We do not feel like forgiving someone; but we can decide to do so. An action on our part to forgive the wrongdoings done to us.

Love may start as a feeling. We are attracted to someone. But eventually, loving someone else, or loving one another as a community or as a world, is a decision; an action. We decide that we will be kind to someone else no matter how obnoxious they are.

Anger is a feeling. Is it a negative feeling? There are no such things as negative and positive feelings. They are just emotions. Part of our make up. How we react to feelings is an action taken by ourselves. Sometimes anger is a justified feeling if it makes us stand-up against wrongdoings and evil. It's the action and the reasons behind it that is negative or positive. Not the feeling.

Humour is a feeling. It is a disposition which portrays our personality. Are we jovial in our attitude to life or do we spread doom and gloom wherever we go. Humour gives rise to laughter which is contagious. Laughter is a build up of pressure that starts in the abdomen and rises up the asparagus and comes out as a loud noise out of a hole in your head. From anywhere else and you're in trouble.

Humour can be a positive feeling if shared around kindly and wisely.


20 comments:

  1. ...every feeling doesn't need to be acted on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... unless one sits on a cactus!

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
  2. If we have negative feelings about someone we can go to that person regarding the problem. The scriptures also say that there is a time to hate. Forgiveness comes through seeing the whole picture, and understanding what caused a person to do what brought us to hate them. It is the action that is hated then, not the person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did go to discuss my negative feelings and he nearly punched me. You can't reason with some people.

      God bless, Brenda.

      Delete
  3. There is a lot to think of here. We appreciate your opinions and do agree with your line of thinking. Very deep thoughts......
    Sherry & jack, we both read, I comment. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised you think these are deep thoughts, Jack. I wrote this post whilst in the loft. Couldn't get higher than that unless I was outside hanging to the chimney.

      God bless you and Sherry.

      Delete
  4. Great perspectives, Victor. Yes, lots to ponder.
    I may or may not have laughed out loud at your final paragraph while in the doctor's waiting room.

    PS - I may be part of the 1% who used to love that song -- but I do prefer Morris Alpert's version. (*grin*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Mevely for having ruined your love of the Morris Albert version. I did not know there were as many as 1% who loved this song.

      Les Dawson was an English comedian whose style was always playing the downtrodden man. He was an accomplished pianist who also often played well known tunes deliberately with the wrong notes for comedic effect.

      I really hope you laughed out loud at my final paragraph. I know I did when I wrote it.

      God bless always.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I did! And Tom, too, when I showed him.

      Delete
    3. It's good to laugh, Mevely. I make it my mission in life.

      God bless you and Tom.

      Delete
  5. I laughed at the final paragraph, especially at the asparagus :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed ... watch out for asparagus. It's no laughing matter as a vegetable.

      God bless always, Ladka.

      Delete
  6. Good points to ponder, Victor. I tend to avoid people I really don't care for, they're not worth the effort. Humour is a great tension reliever and having a laugh is good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right to avoid negative people, Bill. They are bad for our souls as their negativity is infectious.

      God bless you and yours.

      Delete
  7. Laughter is the best medicine no matter how it comes out, Victor! Thanks for keeping me in stitches so often.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so much negativity in the world today, that we all need a little humour to keep us going. Keep smiling Martha, my friend.

      God bless.

      Delete
  8. Yes, humour can definitely be a positive feeling if shared around kindly and wisely.

    Oh, seeing this Les Dawson video took me back. We used to enjoy watching his shows :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les Dawson, Tommy Cooper, Ken Dodd, Morecombe and Wise and such others take us back to a time when life was simpler and happier.

      God bless, Jan.

      Delete
  9. Humor (in good taste, like yours) and laughter are good things, and i'm going to have to talk to my doctor and ask where my asparagus is. I didn't know i had one of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The asparagus is situated not far from the humourous bone which makes us laugh and releases dolphins within us to make us feel good.

      God bless, Mimi.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.