Tuesday 13 June 2023

Strange World

 

We live in a strange world. You never know what is going to happen next. Lots of things are happening around me that I cannot understand.

For example, I've just bought myself a new brand of aftershave. It said on the label that it smells of breadcrumbs. I was suspicious, but I admit that the birds love it.

Who would have thought it! Whatever next? Bubble bath soap that smells of sweat? Or garlic? 

And another thing. There was a knock at the door. When I opened it there was a man standing there dressed like the Grim Reaper. I fought him off with my vacuum cleaner. Talk about Dyson with death.

A friend of mine is totally confused about police advice. His wife has been missing for over a week now. The police have told him to prepare for the worst. So he went to the charity shop and bought all her old clothes back.

Anyway, there I was yesterday driving in heavy traffic. But first I called at the Mall to buy a new pair of shoes. In the car park I found my friend Fred lying on the ground. "Are you all right?" I asked, "Have you fainted?"

"No," he replied, "I found a free parking space and I sent my wife home to fetch the car!"

After I finished shopping I rejoined the heavy traffic. It was all start and stop, start and stop. I was going to the supermarket about a couple of miles away.

I noticed in the rear view mirror this couple in the car behind me. They too were following me in the start and stop routine. The man seemed to be singing to some music from the car radio. The woman did not seem too happy. I could see in the mirror they were arguing.

Suddenly, as we stopped again at a traffic light for road works, I could see the woman get out of the car and walk forwards towards me. She opened the passenger door and got in and sat beside me. I was bewildered and beside myself at what had just happened. That made three of us side by side. Her, me and me beside myself.

"Are you going to the supermarket?" she asked, "I have seen you there many times!"

"Yes ... yes ..." I mumbled.

"Good, can I ride with you?" she asked, "my husband is playing Country music on the radio. I hate Country music. I like Barry Manilow instead. Can we play Barry Manilow on your radio as we drive?"

"Eh ... actually ..." I mumbled still bewildered and beside myself, "I don't like Manilow so much. Country music can be good though!"

"In that case I suggest you go sit with my husband and I'll drive your car to the supermarket!" she said without hesitation.

She was masterful. Without hesitation, me and the one beside myself got out of my car and took a ride to the supermarket with her husband.


18 comments:

  1. ...Amen, brother. This is a strange place and I'm glad that you are one of the residents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I've never laid on the ground to save a parking space whilst my wife fetched the car. I usually leave my bicycle there whilst I fetch the car.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. I do miss music, I would listen to any thing if I could hear. LOL But about saving parking spaces, yep things are getting about that bad, but down here lying in a parking spot would not save you nor the spot.. LOL
    Sherry & jack Thanks for the prayers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is getting very difficult finding a parking space over here.

      Praying for you all. God bless Jack and Sherry.

      Delete
  3. thecontemplativecat here The man was in danger of being a pancake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laying down for the parking spot, how crazy can a person be? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's either that or letting the space go and the car is at home in the garage.

      God bless, Bill.

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad to live where finding a parking place isn't a chronic problem, Victor. Blessings from my strange world to yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think people should buy a parking space when they get a new car. A plastic carpet they lay down anywhere and park their car on it.

      God bless, Martha.

      Delete
  6. Lying in the parking space? That sounds like something my husband would do; he'll spend 15 minutes circling the lot to find a spot closest to the door. Great video -- I love Kris and Willie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This whole post was an excuse for me to play some Country music. Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson and Kris.

      So glad you liked it, Mevely. Let's play it again.

      Delete
  7. It sure is a strange world and getting stranger!

    I have some liquid soap that smells like pound cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The world is an odd place. As Mark Twain said, truth is stranger than fiction because fiction has to be believable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't believe any of the fiction I write.

      God bless, Mimi.

      Delete
  9. 😂

    Off topic...Victor, do you take requests for posts? I was listening to a minister yesterday and he referenced 1 Corinthians 6:3. He didn't say much about it, just read it and moved on as though everyone knew it. What does it mean? I would think it is talking about fallen angels, but weren't they already judged? Wow. Intetesting. Sometimes we read and read and then we see something unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandi,

      Yes, I would write a post on any subject if I can. Personal opinion only. I am not a priest, minister, vicar etc ...

      Let me think about 1 Corinthians 6:3. I may write a post about it.

      I can also be contacted off-line at enquiries@holyvisions.co.uk

      God bless you.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.