Friday 30 June 2023

The Power of Sneezing

 

Sneezing is caused by irritation to the mucous membranes of the nose or throat. It can be very bothersome, but is rarely a sign of a serious problem. Sneezing can be due to: Allergy to pollen (hay fever), dust or other impurities entering the nasal passages, and manifests itself as a violent extraction of air from the lungs accompanied often by a very loud noise.

Some sneezes can be so loud that they register very high on the decibel scale of noise measurements. As much as many decibels sometimes. So loud that scientists have concluded that if a man sneezes in a forest and there is no one there to hear it a tree will fall on his head. 

Some sneezes are indeed so loud that they can be heard round corners or even in the dark.

You must close your eyes whilst sneezing or else your ears will fall off.

Once, whilst driving fast on the highway, I sneezed so violently that it blew out the whole car windscreen. It came out in one piece from its frame and floated ahead of me. I did not lose control and continued to drive fast until I caught up with the frame and it fitted right back in the aperture from whence it left. Luckily, it was not a series of sneezes as sometimes happen, other wise the frame would have popped out and in several times from London to Paris, at which place I would have had to sneeze in a different accent.

This is all true, I tell you. As true as I am imagining it right now.

Sneezing can be loud, audible round corners and in the dark, violent and strong enough to blow out your windscreen or even make you break wind, and can be in different accents.

12 comments:

  1. ...sometimes when I sneeze i'm blown out of my seat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sneezing is one of my favorite things! Now, however, I'm feeling mine are woefully inadequate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you know, Mevely, that it is impossible to sneeze in a vacuum? Especially if the vacuum is switched on or the dust bag is full.

      Keep smiling and God bless.

      Delete
  3. I've sneezed 8 times once, I thought it would never stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When Danny wakes up in the morning, he often begins the day with a round of sneezes. Yes, they are LOUD, but at least they're in English. :)
    Blessings, Victor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to sneeze in a language one can understand, Martha.

      God bless you and Danny.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. That's half as much as Bill.

      God bless, Happyone.

      Delete
  6. My Sweetie sneezes very loudly. Every one of my children, when asleep as a newborn, was awakened by one of his super loud sneezes, at which point i knew that child could certainly hear things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you know we can't sneeze when asleep? And no one has ever dreamt they were sneezing?

      God bless, Mimi.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.