Saturday 17 June 2023

Side-walk Psalm



I was walking in town. I had plenty on my mind. These last few weeks have not been exactly brilliant.

Anyway, there's a church in town with a large bookcase outside just by the edge of the side-walk. The bookcase is made of wood with a glass front. I've never been to that church; but somehow I felt inclined to stop and look at the bookcase. 

It had an open Bible. Someone had marked with a highlighter pen the following from Psalm 121

The LORD will protect you from all danger; 

He will keep you safe.

He will protect you as you come and go

now and for ever.

18 comments:

  1. What a great way to evangalize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A message that reminds us of the power of God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A timely message for me, Bill.

      God bless you, my friend.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful outreach! The Episcopal church across from ours has a little 'free library' box at the road's edge -- but nothing like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so nice that this church in a busy street has a glass case outdoors on the side-walk; and it has not been damaged or broken. They change the Bible reading daily. I needed that message on that day - and still do.

      God bless, Mevely.

      Delete
  4. What a great reminder of the pervasive presence of God in our lives, and His endless love for us, Victor. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Martha. I tell you, I felt better after reading that verse.

      God bless.

      Delete
  5. Such a comfort to know!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It reads: The LORD will protect you from all danger;


    He will keep you safe. He will protect you as you come and go

    now and for ever. AMEN SWEET, THAnks
    Sherry & jack just tired but in his care, thank His Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is true, we are always in His care, Jack.

      God bless you, Sherry and the family.

      Delete
  7. thecontemplativecat here. the history of this entry must be intriguing. I need to memorize this.

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.