Wednesday 8 June 2022

One Liners Plus

A dietitian was once addressing a large audience. 

"The material we put into our stomachs is enough to have killed most of us sitting here, years ago. Red meat, soft drinks, fast foods, even vegetables can be disastrous, and none of us realizes the long-term harm caused by the germs in our drinking water.

"But there is one thing that is the most dangerous of all and we all have, or will, eat it. Can anyone here tell me what food it is that causes the most grief and suffering for years after eating it?"

A 75-year-old man in the front row stood up and said, "Wedding cake"

*********** 

A drunk man who smelled like cheap wine sat down on a subway seat next to a priest. The man's tie was stained, his face was plastered with red lipstick, and a half empty bottle of gin was sticking out of his torn coat pocket. He opened his newspaper and began reading.

After a few minutes the man turned to the priest and asked, "Say, Father, what causes arthritis?"

"My Son, it's caused by loose living, being with cheap, wicked women, too much alcohol and a contempt for your fellow man."

"Well, I'll be blown," the drunk muttered, returning to his paper.

The priest, thinking about what he had said, nudged the man and apologized. "I'm very sorry. I didn't mean to come on so strong. How long have you had arthritis?"

"I don't have it, Father. I was just reading here that the Pope does".

************

 I finally realized my parents favoured my twin brother. It hit me when they asked me to blow up balloons for his surprise birthday party.


“Back in the day,” my grandfather started to say, “You could walk into a grocery store with $1 in your pocket, and walk out with a loaf of bread, a dozen eggs, and a bit of butter as well.”

“But today,” he continued, “Wherever you go, there are CCTV cameras.”

************

 I love how in horror movies the person will ask, "Is anyone there?" As if the killer would say "Oh yeah I'm in the kitchen. Want a sandwich?"

************


31 comments:

  1. Just a few one liners then....
    What do they call pastors in Germany?
    German Shepherds.

    Who was the greatest financier in the Bible?
    Noah. He was floating his stock while everyone
    else was in liquidation.

    What was the greatest female financier in the Bible?
    Pharaoh's daughter. She went down to the bank of
    the Nile and drew out a little prophet.

    Which area of Palestine was especially wealthy?
    The area around Jordan...
    The banks were always overflowing.


    What kind of motor vehicles are in the Bible?
    Jehovah drove Adam and Eve out of the Garden
    in a Fury. David's Triumph was heard throughout
    the land. Also, probably a Honda, because the
    apostles were all in one Accord...! HeHe! Amen..!

    Coffee morning...Coming ladies...! :O).
    ☕ 🍰 ☕ 🍰 ☕ 🍰 ☕ 🍰 ☕ 🍰 ☕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Willie. I'll add them to my collection.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'll try to think up some more. Or search for some.

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
  3. Dearest Victor,
    Haha that 'Duck' is a good one!
    The others are as well, caused me to laugh loudly.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so proud of that photo of the duck that I forgot to lower my head and hit it hard against the wall; then I fell down the stairs.

      God bless, Mariette.

      Delete
  4. Victor, I have to say that I really enjoyed reading this post, it is the kind of humour I like. It took me a few seconds to work out the last one, then I understood the 'duck'. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep ... it took me a few seconds to work out why I put the photo there then I hit my head against the wall. See my comment to Mariette.

      God bless you, Brenda.

      Delete
  5. So funny. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must a been the wedding cake!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've outdone yourself here, Victor. I'm going to be laughing all day, and that's a good thing!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, I need laughter in my life. I hope others share it too.

      God bless you, Martha.

      Delete
  8. Good ones today! I may (or may not, heh-heh) borrow a couple for my Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please feel free to share the laughter on FB or other media.

      Be happy and God bless you, Mevely.

      Delete
    2. Please feel free to share the laughter on FB or other media.

      Be happy and God bless you, Mevely.

      Delete
    3. There's an echo here in this room!!!

      Delete
  9. Those are all cute and put a smile on my face. Wedding cake really made me laugh. Well done, we need to smile and laugh, it helps us get from one day to the next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always good to laugh. And it's always good to see you visiting here, Sandy.

      God bless.

      Delete
  10. All are great but I love the duck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I saw it as I came down the stairs.

      God bless, Happyone.

      Delete
  11. Duck. Heeheehee! Thanks for the grins.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of chuckles in this one. My favorite was the post hole. Thanks, Victor. God bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every one takes offence at something these days, Nells. I am offended at that.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  13. A good selection :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.