Thursday 19 September 2024

Thoughts from my bed

 

As I was lying in bed pondering the problems of the world, I rapidly realized that exercise is not for me. It's the tortoise life for me!

If walking is good for your health, the postman would be immortal. A whale swims all day, only eats fish, drinks water, and is fat, whereas a rabbit runs and hops and only lives 15 years, but a tortoise doesn't run and does nothing, yet it lives for 450 years.

Why should I exercise? I'll just sit here; just go around me.

As I got older I've discovered that I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I finally got my head together, and now my body is falling apart.

Funny that, I don't remember being absent-minded. Have I told you that I don't remember being absent-minded?

I often go up to the bathroom and then realise that I live in a one storey bungalow. 

I ask myself if all is not lost, where is it? In life, some days, you're the dog; some days you're the tree.

Do you know that kids in the back-seat cause accidents. Accidents in the back-seat cause kids.

I think it's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere. These days the only time the world beats a path to my door is when I'm in the bathroom.

The doctor told me to exercise and I'm fitter than him. He tripped whilst out jogging across the road and a car hit him. If God wanted me to touch my toes, he'd have put them on my knees.

Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded. I can’t remember whether I’ve told you all this before.

12 comments:

  1. That's way too funny and all true too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have told us these before, it doesn't matter, Victor. You made me laugh all over again - LOL! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to laugh again and again; or have I already told you this before, Martha? God bless you.

      Delete
  3. 😂

    Would you want to live 450 years?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why not? More people to Blog too, I expect.

      God bless, Sandi.

      Delete
  4. Laughing, now that's great facial exercise! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, I never thought of it as facial exercise, Bill. God bless you.

      Delete
  5. All of these statements are noteworthy but the one about the lifespan of a tortoise resonated the most with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tortoises are so slow; you tell them a joke and they take ages before they get the punch-line!

      God bless, Barbara.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.