Wednesday 23 February 2022

A recipe for ...

 

I often like to impart good advice on this Blog as part of the service I provide for my readers. This one will hopefully be of particular interest to my male readers.

First let me tell you how to prepare the tour-de-force which is central to my advice.

Take two of three cloves of garlic and mash them into a paste with a few drops of virgin olive oil. Add half-a-spoon of ground cinnamon and continue mixing until you have a smooth paste of consistent quality. No lumps ...

Now rub the paste gently on your bald head and keep it there for at least two hours.

This is guaranteed to make your hair grow again. Or so I'm told.

It will also repel mosquitoes and other annoying insects. But best of all, I am told, it will make you attractive to ladies. You will be a sex symbol for the woman who doesn't care!

Now I have had no reason to try this cure to baldness myself since I am already attractive and handsome. Anyway, personally I think some men are indeed very attractive without hair. Jean-Luc Picard in Star Trek for instance. Bruce Willis, Telly Savalas and many others.

Why, for a period, I had no hair myself. Let me tell you about it.

I went to the barber for a haircut and he asked me, "How would you like your hair cut?"

I was in a hurry to leave, so I looked at the barber and said, "cut my hair like yours!"

He took his electric machine and cut my hair totally off ... totally bald I was ... I protested and asked him what he was doing. This looked nothing like his haircut. He replied, "Yes it is ... but my hair has grown since I last cut it!"

A few weeks later my hair grew back and needed cutting again. This time I went to another hairdresser. I told him I wanted my hair cut just like Tony Curtis. He nodded, took out his electric machine and cut my hair totally off. I was bald once again.
 
I was totally furious. More furious than at the previous hairdresser. "I am totally bald," I said pointing at the obvious, "do you even know who Tony Curtis is?"
 
"Sure," he said, "I have seen him in 'The King And I' at least five times!"
 
Thankfully, a few weeks later my hair grew back again and needed cutting. Cautiously, I went to yet another hairdresser. We have plenty of them in our town.
 
This time I took no chances. I took with me a photo of Clark Gable from the film 'Gone With The Wind'. I asked the barber for a haircut like him.
 
The barber took out his electric machine and shaved my hair totally bald. Now I was really mad and furious. More than ever before. I shouted at the man.
 
"Look at the photo," I screamed, "Clark Gable is not totally bald!"
 
He shrugged his shoulders and said, "he would be if he came here for a haircut!"

24 comments:

  1. HaHa! Brilliant! :).
    Well..an old school chum of mine,
    who's a year older than me, Karen,
    who l went to school with, pops up
    home, every 6 weeks, l sit on the
    pouffe, or is it the puff..? Not to
    sure..
    She then, cuts around my thinning
    Afro..neat and tidy like, she's the
    only one who can and does cut dry..
    I then wash it afterwards..! When,
    l think she's cut enough off..I stop
    talking..! :O). Job done!
    When l was much younger my Afro was
    thick and tight..much like it's owner!
    Late teens early 20's it was 9 inches
    from head to the top..It was to die for!
    (Excuse me while l go for a lie down)...!

    Like the chap went to the barber/hairdresser
    and asked to have his hair cut long at the side,
    short on the other side, lumpy on top, matted
    the back..."I don't cut hair like that",
    "That's how you cut it last time l was here". :).

    And..poor you with ALL those bald heads..Never
    mind Victor..."Hair to~day gone tomorrow"

    And..The three cloves of garlic etc..Sounds like
    the start of a pasta sauce...HeHe! Bless! :O).
    🌱 🌽 🌿 🍅 🍇 🍈 🍉 🌱 🌽 🌿 🍅 🍆 🍈 🍉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great joke about the hairdresser, Willie. I'm glad you liked my post for today. Getting one's hair cut is so expensive these days.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. ...I should try your magical potion on my bald head. But remember that God only created so many perfect heads, the rest he grew hair on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point, Tom. I never thought of that. Let me know how you get on with the magic potion.

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. I cut my own hair and have none. It's so easy and cheap. Prices for haircuts are crazy these days. It's too bad your hairdresser couldn't follow your requests. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's so expensive to have a hairdresser make me look like Yul Brynner.

      God bless, Bill.

      Delete
  4. How funny! Thank you for keeping things light, my friend. I needed that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to be cheerful, Mevely. We all need a little cheer in our lives.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  5. Thanks but I already am, as you said:
    You will be a sex symbol for the woman who doesn't care!...............
    I tried that shaving the head and it has never grown back. But it is great for my implant magnets, but I do get a lot of questions....
    Sherry & jack on this side.
    Thanks for the prayers....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to be a sex symbol Jack. Many women love garlic, I hear. And cinnamon too.

      Praying for you always. God bless you and Sherry.

      Delete
  6. I have a hard time believing that garlic makes for an enticing sex symbol, but if you say so. Perhaps the cinnamon helps in that regard???? Funny story! God bless, Victor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I've been told, Nells. I have never used garlic on my head. I have used onion powder though.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  7. Maybe you should try cutting your own hair!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perhaps you need to find a woman hairdresser, and make sure she doesn't have an electric razor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have given up going to hairdressers, Mimi. The gardener now cuts my hair. She is good.

      God bless.

      Delete
  9. You could copy Jesus and have long hair, just tie it back with a ribbon or elastic band when you need to keep it out of the way. It's much cheaper than all those head shavings. Of course you will pay more in shampoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I now have my hair cut at home by the gardener ... in the garden actually, not at home.

      God bless, River.

      Delete
  10. Maybe those hairdresser need some glasses! hahaha
    Serious note: Pray for Zach and Rebekah as they leave for their flight. THANK YOU





    to have a safe flight later today. They are going to Michigan from Colorado for his twin sister's little boys Christening. Plus give them all the Christmas gifts Zach failed to mail. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praying right now for a safe journey. Congratulations on the Christenings.

      God bless you all, Tata.

      Delete
  11. Well, what happened....I will never know! You always give lots of smiles and laughter and often much insight to your love of Our Almighty. Thank you Victor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to see you here Anne. Thank you so much. I am so glad you enjoy this Blog. Please call again soon and always - and invite your friends.

      God bless you always.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.