Monday 14 February 2022

Love ...



LOVE IS ...

Helping your wife change the tires and the oil in the car ...

LOVE IS ...

Putting on the subtitles on TV whilst she's talking ...

LOVE IS ...

Not forgetting to pick up some flowers from a grave on the way home from work ...

LOVE IS ...

Saying sorry when you don't even know what you're apologising for ...

LOVE IS ...

Pretending to like her mom and not hide her broomstick when she lands unexpectedly ...

LOVE IS ...

Reminding her not to vacuum clean the house when football is on TV ...

LOVE IS ...

Laminating a card with the words "I love you" so she can read it when in need of reassurance ...

LOVE IS ...

Eating that last piece of pizza to save her from getting fat ...

LOVE IS ...

Knowing left from right when she gives you directions when driving ...

LOVE IS ...

When she looks at a dress or coat in a catalogue and says, "I like that!" to cut the photo and give it to her ...

LOVE IS ...

Not saying her backside looks big no matter what dress she's wearing ...



LOVE IS ...

If it's a choice between a new pair of shoes or a box of chocolates, buy her a pair of shoes made of chocolate ...

LOVE IS ...

Let her borrow your dentures when you're both old and in a restaurant ...

LOVE IS ...

Oh ... I give up ... we men never get it right it seems. We just can't understand women. I mean ... the other day she started shouting about me playing golf all the time. I really did not expect her to show up at the golf club at half-past midnight!

SORRY !!!

I hope my readers have a sense of humour and are a little forgiving. I did not mean a word of this ... honest!
So there you are people. Love is a many splendoured thing. Whatever you do in life; strive to be happy. Or whichever dwarf you'd like to be.
 
Sometimes in the morning I wake up grumpy. At other times I let her sleep and go down to prepare breakfast. I bring her a nice cup of tea in my pyjamas. Is she appreciative? NOOOOO ...
 
She says she prefers it in a cup.
 
I'll never understand women. The other day, it was very cold, she rang me at work and said "Windows is frozen !!!!!" I suggested she gently pours some warm water with a sponge.
 
She rang again a few moments later and said there were some sparks, a bang, and now the computer is not working at all.

25 comments:

  1. Victor..I've come to the conclusion,
    that this may be your 'very' last post...! :O).

    Let's try and put things right...
    "Life is the flower for which love is the honey"
    "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength,
    while loving someone deeply gives you courage."
    "We are most alive when we are in love."
    "The only thing we never get enough of is love..
    and the only thing we never give enough of is love".

    You know that tingly little feeling you get when you
    like someone?
    That is your common sense leaving your body...

    "My wife and I have been married for forty-seven
    years, and not once have we ever had an argument
    serious enough to mention the word 'divorce'.
    'Murder,' yes, but 'divorce,' never"..

    Hope everyone has a great day...AND..as the song
    says..
    "If you can't be with the one you love..love the
    one your with"..! :O).
    💟 💟 💟 💟 💟 💟 💟 💟 💟 💟 💟 💟 💟 💟

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! This is the song..Love The One Your With..
      Isely Brothers..
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFaT0BI9eJ0

      Also recorded by Stephen Stills..Enjoy!

      Delete
    2. I think you are a romantic, Willie.

      We've never had an argument either. I am waiting for her to stop and catch her breath before I say anything!

      God bless you and yours.

      Delete
    3. HeHe! I know what you mean...
      When l was married, l had to talk
      quite loudly to my wife..shout in
      fact..only cos l made her walk 6
      paces behind me! :).

      I'm 6ft 3in in height, and my wife was
      5ft. I had to pick her up off the floor
      to kiss her good~bye before going to work!
      Seriously..!!! :O).

      Delete
  2. ...the take aways is, be careful where you sit! Enjoy a lovely day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tom. I hope your day is good.

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. Methinks Willie is right. I have enjoyed your entries, even your books. I am sure as you wrote your mind was giving you warnings. Too bad, we will miss you. RIP
    Sherry & jack awaiting the 'arrangements' maybe a nice obit. just sayin' LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm so glad that you enjoyed my writings, Jack. It is good to laugh.

      God bless you and Sherry.

      Delete
  4. I'm sitting here laughing my you-know-what off (TMI?)! My favorites are the last piece of pizza and laminating the 'I love you' card. What a chap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why is it that women want so much reassurance that they are loved? Especially when football is on TV? The player is about to score, the audience in the stadium is screaming, the TV commentator is getting over-exited ... and she wants to be amorous!

      I'm glad I made you smile, Mevely.

      God bless always.

      Delete
  5. LOL, poor little dog. :) Hope you are having a lovely day, Victor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep ... the dog is lost somewhere!

      God bless, Bill.

      Delete
  6. In the end, all you need is for you and the person you love to agree on how that love should be shown.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Victor,
    Just before the day ends, wishing you and your loved ones a Happy Valentine's Day and that multiplied by 365 times...
    Not forgetting to pick up some flowers from a grave on the way home from work–Good grief that would be AWFUL!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your good wishes, Mariette. Wishing you and Pieter happiness and good health always.

      God bless you both.

      Delete
  8. Oh my that poor dog!
    Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let me guess, your wife fell in love with you and married you for your sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That, and me being handsome, and romantic too.

      God bless, Mimi.

      Delete
  10. All of this is very funny :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What love is, or isn't . . . Hope you had a great Valentine's Day, Victor!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best wishes for Valentine's Day to you and yours, Martha.

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.