Monday 28 February 2022

Memories ...

 


While on a road trip, an elderly couple stopped at a roadside restaurant for lunch. After finishing their meal, they left the restaurant, and resumed their trip.

When leaving, the elderly woman unknowingly left her glasses on the table, and she didn't miss them until they had been driving for about forty minutes.

By then, to add to the aggravation, they had to travel quite a distance before they could find a place to turnaround, in order to return to the restaurant to retrieve her glasses.

All the way back, the elderly husband became the classic grumpy old man. He fussed and complained, and scolded his wife relentlessly during the entire return drive.

The more he chided her, the more agitated he became. He just wouldn't let up for a single minute. To her relief, they finally arrived at the restaurant.

As the woman got out of the car, and hurried inside to retrieve her glasses, the old geezer yelled to her, "While you're in there, you might as well get my hat and the credit card".

*******

You don't have to be old to be forgetful. I remember years ago my wife and I went to France. It wasn't until I got back home that I realised I'd left her in Paris. I must admit, once or twice during the return journey I had wondered why it was unusually quiet.  

28 comments:

  1. HeHe! I have to say..Even at my age..
    I still have a very good memory....
    'Hang On'..Ah! Yes! TIME FOR REFLECTIONS..
    Forgot where l was for a mo..! :).

    Now! Let me think! As a struck off Doctor...
    Forgetfulness can arise from stress, depression,
    lack of sleep or thyroid problems...
    Other causes include side effects from certain
    medicines, an unhealthy diet or not having enough
    fluids in your body (dehydration)...
    Taking care of these underlying causes may help
    resolve your memory problems...

    Jokes..
    My favorite childhood memory was building
    sandcastles with my grandmother..
    Until my mom took the Urn from me...

    My mom told me when I was born, God
    asked me to pick between having good
    memory and being a moron...
    I don't remember which one l picked..

    My dad suffers from short term memory
    loss...
    I hope it doesn't run in the family
    because my dad has it too...

    The oldest computer can be traced
    back to Adam and Eve...
    It was an apple but with extremely
    limited memory...
    Just 1 byte...And then everything crashed...

    Must get on..Sorry Victor..I forgot when
    to stop....! :O).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great stand-up routine, Willie. Standing ovation applause.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. Thankyou Victor! Thankyou!
    (bowing at all times)..! :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...thanks for the chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! I did not see that ending coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Victor,
    Haha, you left your wife in Paris... It no doubt was eery quiet!
    A good story, well worded and might be a real one for many.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the smiles. However, I suggest a doz roses for your wife when she reads this later today. Just saying, 'tis good to be ready!
    Love from the sunny shores of Florida!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right ... it is good to be ready. Just picked up some flowers from the local baker. He had them in a vase next to the check-out counter.

      God bless, Jack and Sherry.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It's great to be able to laugh, Bill.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  8. Have to admit, there are times I resemble that grumpy old man! Thanks for the smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When in doubt, buy those roses, or buy 2 dozen. Losing your wife in Paris would be a really bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so enjoyed the trip to Paris I forgot my wife was with me! I did apologise though.

      God bless you, Susan.

      Delete
  10. I thought the ending would be something like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Sweetie is the one who forgets things and loses things. He forgets where he puts stuff, and i just don't worry about it any longer. He doesn't, either, it turns up or it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I thought when I forgot my wife in Paris. She'll either turn up or she won't.

      God bless, Mimi.

      Delete
  12. Hah! He was probably grumpy because he felt guilty that he had also forgotten things.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahahahah! He also lost his hut and credit card, and blamed his wife.

    On the way back from Paris you noticed she was unusually quiet :-))) ... easy to see she enjoyed the French capital. On the contrary, if we were to forget our wife in Kiev or Minsk they would be so angry :-) Thank you for the smiles!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased you enjoyed my post, Giorgio.

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.