Thursday 27 October 2022

Don't you just hate it ...

Don't you just hate it when things go right the first time? It just catches you unaware and puts your whole day out of sorts.

The other day I got up as usual to go to work and guess what? The bathroom was free. Both of them in fact. Usually I have to wait for ages to have my turn in my own rest room in my own house and home where I have welcomed my family with love and affection ever since they were born. Today, the rest rooms were free; although the family was beginning to stir from their sleep. I got there first HA!!!

I got dressed and down for breakfast. My wife had got up first and made me a coffee. That's unusual. Normally I take up her coffee upstairs in my pyjamas. Is she ever grateful? No ... she prefers it in a cup.

Not having to make coffee saved me a few minutes. I put a couple of slices of bread in the toaster. It worked first time. It did not burn it as usual. The toaster normally burns the first two slices which I give to the dog and I try again. Not this time. Perfect first time. I gave the dog two un-toasted slices. He said grace before eating them.

Breakfast finished I set off to work. The car started first time. Normally it coughs and splutters and it takes my swearing to coax it into action some ten minutes later. Not today. It started first time.

Because I left home early I did not get caught in traffic. I missed that guy in the moustache who always pulls out from a side street and drives ahead of me at snails miles an hour. Today the road was clear. Even all the traffic lights were in my favour and let me through. Surprising how that extra ten minutes saved put me in a totally different parallel universe. Same routine waking up and going to work but much smoother.

I got to the office and the car park was empty. I parked nearer the door rather than in that corner of the car park under the tree where all the birds leave their deposits on my windscreen. Not today. It was perfect.

I got in the building and the elevator was there waiting for me; rather than me waiting for it to arrive and standing next to Miss Snooty Pants our accountant. She is so mean she counts every paper clip we use before buying new ones. Not today. She was not there and it saved me a false smile in her direction.

The whole day went perfect. Everyone agreed with me at the meeting I dreaded would be full of arguments and disagreements. I got two major contracts signed for our firm. The boss cancelled the weekend conference which I was not looking forwards to. And all in all it was an excellent day as I went home to a lovely meal and a loving family.

I hate it when things work out perfectly well. I think it is a bad omen that something will go wrong.

I'll wake up and discover it was all a dream.

12 comments:

  1. ...Don't you just hate it ...? Not really!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope everything always goes well for you, Tom.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. And I was sure you would get to work and realize it was Sunday! Enjoyed the visit, I haet it when I expect a surprize and don't get it!!!! just sayin'.
    From over here,
    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here too, Jack; I would expect a nice surprise ... but only in my dreams.

      God bless you and Sherry always.

      Delete
  3. A lovely dream, nevertheless. But ya, I'd be suspicious waiting for the other shoe to drop. That or someone to step out of the shadows, "Smile! You're on Candid Camera!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's lack of faith on my part; I expect something to go wrong. May I be forgiven.

      God bless you, Mevely.

      Delete
  4. It might have been a dream, Victor, but what a splendid one!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed it was, Martha. Everything went well for a change.

      God bless.

      Delete
  5. It did sound too good to be true. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes dreams are; except dreams with horses in them; they are nightmares.

      God bless, Happyone.

      Delete
  6. Sometimes it is all a dream, but every once in so often, it turns out to be your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very very rarely, Mimi. Very rarely.

      God bless you and yours.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.