Monday 31 October 2022

Halloween smiles

 

My wife said to me yesterday, “Honey, I think we should do something really scary for the kids this Halloween.”

I said, “Well, we could always take them to your mother’s.”

=======================

Whoever said "nothing is impossible" clearly never tried slamming a revolving door.

=======================

My mother used to say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. Lovely woman. Useless surgeon.

=======================

Last Halloween there was a knock on the door. I looked out of the window and then shouted upstairs to my wife, “Honey there’s a witch at the door. What shall I do?”

She shouted back, “Just give her some candy and tell her to get lost.”

My mother-in-law hasn’t spoken to me since.

=======================

Families are like fudge, mostly sweet with a few nuts. I like families. If it was not for my family I would be arguing with perfect strangers.

=======================

My wife felt like she’d seen a new caring considerate side to me after I spent the day making treats for the Halloween callers.

I really hope they appreciated my home-made toffee onions.

=======================
Did you hear about the crazy person who fell into the French river in Paris? He was in Seine.

=======================

The best part about Halloween is that the cobwebs in my house look like decorations.

=======================

If you’re in need of a job, you could try Search and Rescue. They’re always looking for people.

======================

The recipe said, “Set the oven to 180 degrees.” I did just that and now I can’t open it, as the door faces the wall

======================

What language do oranges speak? Mandarin.

======================

In hospital, I was forced to swallow some purple coloured liquid. I feel violated.

======================

I’ve spent the past week indoors learning escapology. I need to get out more.


 

HALLOWEEN


19 comments:

  1. ...keep smiling, it's good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Victor,
    Some good jokes but both of us have no place nor interest for Halloween... It is a commercial invention and the world has been almost successfully brainwashed into partaking and spending. It did not work on us and it makes ones heart bleed to see all the rubbish being produced in China and trashed after this craze—environment seems to be a dirty word!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halloween has become popular here in the UK over the past ten years or so. The shops are full of seasonal gifts and toys.

      God bless, Mariette.

      Delete
  3. Okay, I will admit I enjoyed the Dancing in the Moon light. BUT I must say you WERE a very brave man, we will MISS you here. Father Ignatius will do a great eulogy I am sure...
    Until we meet again my brother....... SMILES
    Sherry & jack across the blue...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, my Mom-in-law has no sense of humour. I'm so glad you enjoyed the video, Jack. Happy wishes to you and yours.

      God bless you all.

      Delete
  4. Great jokes and clever video, Victor. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Halloween to you and your family, Martha. God bless always.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the Halloween laughs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once I'm able to stop laughing over the revolving door and toffee onion treats, I'll dry my eyes and watch the video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I was being charitable, and anyway, we had some spare onions which needed to be used. I am never appreciated, Mevely.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  7. Well, I'm a day late but I enjoyed the Halloween laughs :)
    Thank you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good to laugh, Jan. We need more laughter.

      God bless.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.