Wednesday 26 October 2022

Time For Smiles

 


Every morning, I find that somebody has quietly put a bunch of celery on my front door step. I think I’m being stalked.

======================

My mother-in-law was very pleasantly surprised by the shepherd’s pie I made for her.

"This is brilliant," she said, "But tell me, what kind of meat did you use?"

"Dunno," I replied, "But there was a cat on the tin."

======================

I asked my grandmother how she’s enjoying her new stair-lift.

She said, “It’s driving me up the wall.”

======================

Remember when plastic surgery was a taboo subject?

Now you mention Botox and nobody raises an eyebrow.

=======================

A man walks into the newsagent and says "can I have the paper please?"

The fellow behind the counter replies "Sure, you want today's or

tomorrows" The man said "Ummm, I'll have tomorrows then thanks." 

The fellow replies "Well come back in the morning".

=======================

French food ... gives me the crepes!

=======================

As it was a Holiday Weekend I've just come back from Furniture Store  with 4 Sofas, 3 Dining Tables and 18 chairs! Well they might not have another sale soon!

=======================

Five ants rented an apartment with five other ants. Now they are tenants together.

=======================

What did the daddy buffalo say to his son when he left for work? Bison.

=======================

I had to change dentists. The last one hurt my fillings.

=======================

How does a penguin build its house? Igloos it together

 

19 comments:

  1. ...every day should be a smiley day.😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the smiles this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE appreciate the smiles, but wonder how you have lived this long with the ammunition you give your sweet wife and MIL!

    From this side, where we expect to see sparks from your side anytime.....
    Sherry & jack, thanks for inviting us into your home....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always good to laugh and smile, Jack. Sparks come later; like the day I fixed the electric kettle. Boy that was fun! But no sense of humour in my family.

      God bless you and yours.

      Delete
  4. Dearest Victor,
    Your tenants joke is the most clever one mentioned here!
    As for the buffalo and bison—impossible to be mentioned like that as there is a distinct difference between the two mammals!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The difference between a buffalo and a bison is that you cannot wash your hands in a buffalo.

      God bless, Mariette.

      Delete
    2. Crazy guy 🙄 Buffalos have far bigger horns and are bigger...Bisons have the sharp horns and a hump on their back 🦬

      Delete
  5. These are great! Shepherd's Pie, best one yet... 😺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mevely. I need a lot of humour these days.

      God bless always.

      Delete
    2. I just felt led to say a prayer on your behalf ... I hope you felt it.

      Delete
    3. How kind of you. Thank you so much, Mevely, for your (always) much needed prayers.

      Praying for you and yours. God bless you all.

      Delete
  6. What a welcome home laugh this was, Victor! Yes, we're back from over two weeks of traveling; blogs will follow.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back, Martha. I hope you had a wonderful holiday.

      God bless always.

      Delete
  7. A giggle a day keeps the grouchies away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they sure do. We need more laughter and smiles, Mimi.

      God bless you and yours.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.