Wednesday 2 March 2022

More Facts You Need To Know

 

I am always in search of useful facts to share with you in order to enhance your knowledge of various issues and also to help you entertain friends at parties.

For example, you know bubble wrap ... the plastic packaging material in sheets containing numerous small air cushions designed to protect fragile goods. Well ... if you wrap yourself forty times with this material all around you and you happen to fall off the sixth floor of a tall building you will not die. Mind you ... you might suffocate with all that plastic around you, but you will not be crushed when you hit the ground. 

If you gather all the bubble wrap in the world together you will have enough material to wrap the whole planet twice over. Which begs the question ... how come with all that material the earth is not wrapped already? Work that one out for yourself.

Wind turbines next. You must have seen them in the countryside, by the sea or on top of hills. Did you know that if all the wind turbines in the world got moving round and round all together the earth would take off and start flying? Also, did you know that it takes more electricity to make those turbines go round and round than the electricity they produce? Also, did you know that the noise they make can disorient birds who get attracted to them and get killed by the big blades? To remedy this some people are now building turbines in deep underground caves; although they could be a problem for bats living there. Scientists believe that underwater turbines could also harm marine life.

Aluminium foil is not ideal for covering left-overs. Many people put left-over food in a container which they cover with aluminium foil and leave in the fridge. This is bad for you because bacteria can grow in the air space between the food and the top of the foil. Also, someone else might open the fridge and eat your food left there.

Did you also know that dropped ice cubes are water under the fridge. Don't stress about it.

When in a hotel which has a safe in your room, always change the safe combination numbers before using it. I once left some KFC chicken in the safe and when I came back to my room someone had eaten my chicken legs.

Also did you know that when in a hotel and you phone room service they are obliged to listen to you? It is not like when you phone a friend or family member and they don't pick up the phone or make an excuse to cut the conversation short. In a hotel they have to listen. When travelling on business I often phone reception and tell them about my life, bad choices I made, how I hate my work, how my boss is so bad to me and other such problems I have ... they always listen. They never have a solution, but after I have off-loaded my problems I always sleep well at night.

On one occasion I went to a psychic to discuss my future. I knocked on her door and she said, "who is it?" So I left.

I'm often troubled by past memories. Things that happened or were said and I cannot change them. I remember to this day my grand-father's last words before he died. He said, "are you still holding on to the ladder?"

I also remember my other grand-father's last words. He said, "there are two words in life which will open many doors for you ... PUSH and PULL."

I was so depressed the other week that I went to the cinema to watch Les Miserable. I thought it was about a man called Les. The cinema was very crowded. If the woman in front of me did not have her ears pierced I would not have been able to see the screen.

This woman was chatting to her friend loudly throughout the performance. I could not hear the film dialogue so I leant forwards and whispered "excuse me ladies but I can't hear!"

"I should hope not" replied one of them, "this is a private conversation!"

Did you know that female bats give birth while hanging upside down, catching the baby in their wings as it drops? Also, did you know that as bats sleep upside down they suddenly wake up when going to the toilet!

Also, dolphin calves are born tail first, rather than head first, so they don't drown during the birthing process.

Fish cannot blink when water gets in their eyes.

And finally, scientists have discovered that the universe is made up of neutrons, protons and electrons. They forgot to mention morons.

22 comments:

  1. Ah! And..did you know..
    From 2021, the use of disposable plastic,
    including bubble wrap, was banned...
    Sealed Air...the company that created
    the material in 1960, introduced a version
    that will no longer pop..Instead, air will
    shift in columns of bubbles...

    One other disadvantages of wind energy,
    Is that it's unpredictable and that it
    cannot be produced consistently...!

    Psychics...Yes! l've chatted to a few of
    them in my time..card reading, hand reading,
    tea leaf reading..and the rest..! :).
    HeHe! "Fortune teller down on his luck...
    Please help"..! :O).

    My Grandma was very lucky..half the family
    wanted to cremate her, the other half to
    bury her...in the end..we let her live..!

    Aluminum foil poses no problem to food...
    Most people think it matters whether aluminum
    foil is used shiny side up or down, but the
    surprising truth is that it doesn't make a
    difference...!
    I always use it shinny side up..at least l
    can see my face in it as l'm cooking..! Ah!

    HaHa! There ya go Victor..Can't cover everything
    l'm afraid..must get onto my ladies coffee morning!
    ☕ 🍰 ☕ 🍰 ☕ 🍰 ☕ 🍰 ☕ 🍰 ☕ 🍰 ☕ 🍰 ☕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need a coffee after all that.

      God bless, Willie.

      Delete
    2. Hope you enjoyed yer coffee! :).

      I've just found a comment at the
      bottom of my Blog...from this lady..

      http://lighthousevision.blogspot.com/

      Delete
    3. Brenda visits this Blog from time to time.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Useful tried and tested facts guaranteed not to be entirely true.

      God bless, Tom.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the education today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pleasure, Kathy. Education is good said my uncle who was a Professor at our local University. He taught graffiti and hooliganism.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. LOL, you should be a stand up comedian, Victor or a sit down one is you prefer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bill. Sometimes funny thoughts get into my head. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

      God bless always.

      Delete
  5. I learn something every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you R. Please call again soon and often.

      God bless.

      Delete
  6. Some of your best yet, Victor. I can't stop visualizing wrapping oneself in bubble wrap and jumping off a tall building. Wheeeee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing is, Mevely, I visualise things in my head and then write about them. Can you imagine falling off the sixth floor and then bouncing all the way down the street? Or bouncing up again to the sixth floor?

      God bless you.

      Delete
  7. I drive people crazy popping those plastic bubbles. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They now have a new type which is filled with wine instead of air.

      God bless, Happyone.

      Delete
  8. It keeps running thru my mind..... Could Victor actually hold down a real job?....... Workers must work they cannot laugh all day..... Most likely you have been warned, maybe asked to work from home. Just thinking with my fingers. Oh yes, as I have grown older I have met some of the morons those scientists for got to mention...
    Been working very hard over here.... sorry to be so late.
    Sherry & jack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sense of humour often got me in trouble when working in London. At an important meeting, the leader went through the attendants and asked each one "what do you bring to the table?" And he wrote what they said on the board.

      Someone said, "Legal expertise" another said, "accountancy ... HR experience ... tax speciality" and so on.

      I did not know what to say. When it came to me I said, "I wrestle crocodiles!"

      God bless, Jack and Sherry. Praying your vehicle difficulties are soon sorted.
      T

      Delete
  9. It's good to know the hotel people have to listen. Now i know who i can call when i need a chat and friends or family don't want to listen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are good listeners, Mimi. It's their only job.

      God bless you.

      Delete
  10. That last one is my favourite. I don't know a lot about science, but I know a few morons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, there's quite a few in the world.

      God bless, River.

      Delete

I PRAY FOR ALL WHO COMMENT HERE.

God bless you.